Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ever fish Louis and Clark Lake?  (Read 3473 times)

southernangler

• UB Member
Anyone ever fish Louis and Clark Lake?
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:29:56 PM »

I am fishing the Jr. Bassmasters Central Division Championship on Louis and Clark Lake on June 28.  I am from Louisiana, and I am a shallow water largemouth angler, and have NO idea how to catch river bass or smallmouth.  If anyone would mind giving me some information please reply and let me know.  By the way if I win this tournament I go to the Jr. Bassmasters WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, so please help.  Thanks very much.

Warpath

• Ultimate Basser
Re: Anyone ever fish Louis and Clark Lake?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »

Well, I've neve been west of Chicago on the mainland of the good ol' USA.  But Lewis and Clark Lake held the TBF divisonal a few years ago, and they may have some info on the TBF web site about it still.  This is where you as a younger angler have a lot of advantages.  Most of us didn't have the luxury of the internet to look up info on lakes. 

I wish I could give you more specifics about the lake, but I can't.  Fishing for smallmouth IMO is all about determining the forage and finding the fish (seasonal pattern).  Believe it or not, but June 29th in SD will probably be post spawn fishing.  All the fish would probably be done spawning.  I was just in northern MIchigan and the first fish were just going to the beds.  Water temp was 64 to start the day. 

Tubes, spider grubs, small jigs and spinnerbaits, and craw and shad pattern cranks are good places to start.  Good luck in your tourney.

Eric

southernangler

• UB Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »

thanks a lot man.

Warpath

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 09:39:56 PM »

I didn't look but it seems to me that there is a map of Lewis and Clark Lake from HotSpots.  That's a pretty well-known lake for walleye too, so you might find some info one the walleye sites as well.  I'd expect that the lake is typically deep and clear, but the map would help you a ton.

I collect maps, and usually try to get 2 or 3 maps per lake.  One map will have info another wouldn't have.  I'd try to find If it's a Corps lake, you might be able to find a phone # and give the dam operator a call.  He could tell you water temps which would give you a good idea where the fish are (pre-spawn, spawn, post spawn). 

Eric

ron91462

• UB Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:41 PM »

YES  I lived in south dakota   cast crawdad colored plugs or tubes (I prefer gitzit tubes) there are some largemouths but I would go after smallies cause they are plenty of them and good weights

ron91462

• UB Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:18:51 PM »

I been fishing it for 6 yrs. rocky areas provide best cover for them on the lake  gavins point dam doesnt produce as much as pickstowns does
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.