Willams Lake / Yankee Springs area Bass Fishing Report

Started by Darkmind, June 06, 2005, 07:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmind

I was on that lake for the first time yesterday during sunset after that big storm passed by.  Its a catch and release lake only as far as I know so there should be some big big boys in there.

Had LOTS of topwater action with popers.

Nothing with a buzz bait.

Lots of action with the good old bobber and nightcrawlers.

good action with a few different spinners.

Anybody else have info on this lake?

But I tell you what, it was harder than heck getting my boat in in that small launch.
I do not wine or cry for those who fail to think before they act.

Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

SEMPER FI
USMC 00 to 04

Mike Cork

Darkmind , sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks for the report ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Darkmind

Not much of a report.  I only got about an hours worth of fishing in before it got too dark to load the boat.  And I was by myself, nightfishing by my self really creeps me out.

I'll be heading back there this weekend.  Hopefully I'll have a much better report.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

SEMPER FI
USMC 00 to 04

Mike Cork

Keep us posted, looking forward to a report :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Fishaholic

specifically, where is this one? I sneak up into Michigan once in a while...

Darkmind

It's in the the Middleville / Yankee Springs Recreation Area.  Just south of Wayland.  About 30 min south of Grand Rapids.  I'll see if I can post up a map some time.

SEMPER FI
USMC 00 to 04

Fishaholic

No that's OK...that's all the info I needed...I've got software that'll show me where it's situated now, thanks anyway

Fishaholic

Darkmind

SEMPER FI
USMC 00 to 04

Kal-Kevin

Fish look for Gun lake it is part of Yankee Springs

Darkmind

I still have yet to head back to Willams lake. ::)  I keep putting it off to try other lakes.  O well maybe next weekend.

SEMPER FI
USMC 00 to 04