"GRUDGE"............think about it!

Started by BassAckward, June 26, 2008, 08:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassAckward

This site has me yawning. So let's start something. I will be accepting ideas as to how we can organize the 2008 annual grudge tournament. Please don't start running around appointing official representatives, and off the wall rules, instead all motions to adopt locations, dates and rules should be through this site. Keep the language clean.

akresicki

IT does not matter if we fish in a puddle, Albemarle can not when this year.  YOu used up all your luck in the six man.  I say youpiem this year some time in the fall.

Anthony

BassAckward

Alright, we have a Yeopim river in the fall ... and one person who is already counting his duckies.

1 reply out of 30 views ain't bad!

akresicki

Leave it to a yankee to spell yeopim wrong what a dumb  ^-^ ^-^

basstracker1

Doug,

Like Buck said last year make sure you bring the trophy. We kind of took it easy on you guys last year so you would come back this year. ;D ;D

I vote for Halls Creek / Little River again this year.

Ron

BassAckward

You tricky devil you ....... I was wandering why I wanted to do this again!!!!!

1-Yeopim......................may the best team "when"
1-Halls creek...................The trophy will be there.

chubrobin

is this just a 2 club grudge           

5ndawell

Hey Doug, List the rules so everyone knows what they are,and Perquimans is good to me.  Aug. 16,23,30 Sept. 6 Oct. 18,25 Nov.1 ( Dates open for E.C.B.M. T.B.F and F.O.M.) More than 2 club tour.? Get all input in and 2 reps. from each club set the tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then afterwards  ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ 5 N DA WELL

chubrobin

does this mean you are inviting other clubs to fish the grudge tour or not?   

BassAckward

chubrobin,
    Patience!
bassackward

BassAckward

5ndawell,
We will use NENC Bass Federation tournament rules. Best five (5) with either team or individual. Payout will be as placed in tournament. Trophy to best three  (3) top weights per club. All ties will be broken by one arm naked mud wrestling.
More to come.

chubrobin

thanks bassackward======= tall me / place / river / time / and we will be there

BassAckward

Chubrobin,
     Oops, sorry, something in my last post you must have misinterpreted as in "yes, you are welcome!"  What I actually meant was ... be patient, give the 2 clubs time to work out the details of the tournament and the question will come up as to whether we will allow more than just the 2 clubs.
     First, let me ask some general information:  are you anywhere near the Elizabeth City, NC area?  are you federated with TBF? or Bass Federation Nation?  or are you not federated at all?  Do you have a general set of rules that your club fishes by?  Assuming you have a President, Secretary-type club, would your President be willing to negotiate for the club?  Are more than yourself in your club willing or wanting to participate?
    General information:  Albemarle Bass Masters and Elizabeth City Bass Masters have had a local grudge tournament for over 20 years because we were the only 2 clubs in the Elizabeth City/Pasquotank area.  Hence -- a grudge tournament between the 2 clubs.
     Bream, carp, catfish are not allowed in this competition ... just largemouth bass.
     Just to make sure I cover all bases, based on a gut feeling, trout line setting is not an acceptable method of fishing.

chubrobin

Dear BassAckward
        Sorry for the misunderstanding!  As for the answers to your question in order asked

chubrobin

Sorry hit send before finished.  Again, the answers to your questions in order asked, question 1-yes,
2-no, 3-no, 4- no, 5- yes, 6 yes, 7- yes.  But if ya'll had a grudge for 20 years maybe another club
needs to come in and settle the dispute.

PS  Sorry LARGEMOUTH BASS only because our President is the undisputed KING of catching
      Bowfin/Grinale/blackfish/trashfish.  Looking forward to hearing from you again.

5ndawell

Chubrobin, How around Eliz. City are ya?                                                                                                                                Doug ease-up most pepole don't know your witt and charm like I do. Is Perq. on the list?    5 n da well

bobcat56

Scott, what are you talking about,everybody knows Doug has "NO" wit and certainly "NO" charm. ~roflmao

chubrobin

5ndawell

how round am I?  Pretty round!!!  But  if your question is how far from Elizabeth City, about 10 to 12 miles southeast.  BassAckward (Doug?) seems to be quite witty and probably a great fisherman!!!!!!!!
If the grudge tourn is closed to other clubs, I make the suggestion that you take the top 6 fisherman
in each club and call it " The Best of The Best ~sun Invitation only, what do you think?   

basstracker1

hey 5ndawell, you think that 6 pounder made it back to the Perquimans yet?  ~beer~

BassAckward

Well, it looks like my original post is working ... partly!  We definitely got things stirred up!  And everybody seems to be having a good time picking on ME! (which is OK, I can take it!)  But let's get back to the original post ... the Grudge Tournament. 

And please correct me if I'm wrong ... it appears that out of 18 replies, I now have 1 vote for Yeopim, and 1 vote for Perquimans, and 1 vote for Little River.  Seeing how the actual date is going to have to be placed among already scheduled events, we'll hold that date until probably October or November.  I know we have quite a while to go before the actual tournament, and lots of things will have to be settled.  There appears to be some other organization that's requesting some sort of interface with registered, legitimate, bass angling clubs. 

As for my wit, the name says it all ... HE(WITT).

1 vote for Yeopim
1 vote for Perquimans
1 vote for Little River

Fishing by Bass Federation rules (pinch the tail) for those who are not sure (Bobby) ...

How many clubs or unknown identities are invited?

With the number of views to number of replies ratio, it appears that you guys are interested but you no speaky!  Let your vote be known!  It's all about us fishing and having a good time!

Respectfully,
BassAckward

5ndawell

O. K.  Eliz. City is in and Albemarle is in , some body that;s round near E.C. club is in ( you must have 3 members to fish tournament)  Any other clubs in or out speak now or miss out let;s set a date and get it on.  5 n da well

NC Buck

Please take in to consideration that the FOM East Regional is 8-11 October. ~flag ~goof

BassAckward

5ndawell,

No problem, definitely 2 clubs in ... unless there's a 3rd club who's willing to identify themselves, and they are "credible".  I looked at the dates that you posted and I looked at our club's dates, and then of course Buck put in Fishers Of Men Regional ... it's getting tighter and tighter to come up with a date!  But we're looking.

It'll work, it's going to happen ... but I think it's going to be November!

chubrobin

Identifing now - Nazbass.
Crediable ?  Most certainly.
November ? Good for us. ~roflmao

BassAckward

OK, NazBass!!!  Well, I know something about those guys, got some pretty good fishermen:  Gil, Doug, George, Dave and Gerald!  Truly some tough competition!  Unfortunately, you can't leave early, you can't have someone measure your fish and go home, you can't come late, you actually have to bring your fish to the scales and have them weighed!  There are no points for longest fish, darkest fish, prettiest fish, biggest butt, etc.  Strictly by weight!

Seeing how this is a 2-club Grudge that continues on year after year after year, Elizabeth City Bass Masters and Albemarle Bass Masters will decide if they're going to let a 3rd club in.  Once again, simply be patient!  I'm not sure if Elizabeth City would be willing to be in 3rd!  I think with 3 clubs it should be a gala, extravaganza, blockbuster event.

Na na na na na,
BassAckward