North Idaho Fishing

Started by bassketcher, June 18, 2005, 05:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catfish83861

Quote from: bassn1 on February 17, 2007, 12:45:17 PM
  Docks used to hold large bass. We use to use worms but I bet a senco rigged either way will produce fantastic results. Also all the little lakes off of the coeur d alene river cannot remember names there were 6-7 I beleive, produced well. When I left some had 15" limits and others just regular state regs. They can all be reached by way of the river.

Dan J.
Grew up in Post Falls

Bass1, I think you may be referring to what we call the chain lakes,Thompson,Swan,Black,Anderson and Killarney to name some of them. Fins and feathers is still in operation and on I believe the 17th the new state record Northern Pike was caught in Lake Coeur D'Alene. I can't remember the length but I want to say 47" but I am not sure.I do remember the weight was four ounces shy of Forty Pounds  ~c~. Thats right 39 Pounds Twelve ounces. I understand it was caught in Cougar bay on a herring.
     If fishing the chain lakes be carefull as they have different regs,Anderson isn't open until July 01 for Keeping Bass and has a 16 inch minimun,Blue is open and has a 20 inch minimum. I fished Anderson last week and only caught one Bass (18 inch). Caught it in the middle of the lake flat (three to four feet of water) on a rapala. Fished Thompson on the 18th and about froze. Caught three small bass and one 19 inch Pike,all in four feet of water. Hope this helps.  catfish