2006 Ultimate Bass Rally General Discussion

Started by MotherNature, June 28, 2005, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared LeBlue

Scott, Susie has already told me that would be a vacation trip. She wants to take the kids and go up for a week, so if that is the case the back of my boat is empty which means it's got your name all over it brother.
Ardent Prostaff

fishforfree

I appreciate the offer Rattle.....................you da man.

Let's see how things unravel here over the next year. 

dave the dope man

I also considered putting on a regional UBCS and then having a Championship UBCS . Basically what we would do is have 4 regions or more depending on the how many clubs we have and where they are located. The club that wins it's region would advance to the championship tournament.
the above quote is from Rattle.........

Its funny, I had thought about this very thing on sunday at about 10:30 while "joking" with CMegee and Fishforfree. I discounted it pretty quick after I remembered that "hey I thought of it", gotta be an ignorant idea if I thought of it.......

Now it sounds like a great idea, being it came from Rattle....Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike

CouchTater

I guess everyone is having the same thoughts...  I have to admit that I thought a series of tourneys would be interesting. 

Of course the Southern/Southeastern regional would have to be on Lake Guntersville... ;D  For some reason i have never fished that lake and I think it would be a great time...  :roll2: 

Seriously,
I think that is a great idea, hopefully by '06 our club will have more members.  Our problem is that we started too late in the year and most people are fishing the wildcats and other tourneys...

@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

bassadict69

If the Rally is half as much fun as the first two Shootouts then it will be a BLAST!

The rally idea sounds awesome! Make it a weeklong trip with the family & call it a vacation.  ~c~ I can't wait for the details!

Laurie, If there is anything I can do to help out just let me know!

Mike Noble

I'm in.  I would love to meet more folks...do a little fishing (and I have a backseat open)...and see a new lake.  And I'm always looking for an excuse to take time off work.  lo
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

DAWG

i PLAN ON ATTENDING ONE OF THESE MYSELF AND ANYONE THAT WANTS TO RIDE WITH ME IS MORE THAN WELCOME  ~c~

DAWG

OH by the way fishforfree whos boat is that in your avatar ? :o

left_turn56

Are you sure you don't want to hold teh tournament in Colorado???

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

DAWG

NO NO KY. Mike said he wanted to come here so Ranger could have a shot at it  :roll2:

cmegee

I'm all in, Table rock is AWESOME, matter of fact planning on going up there in a few weeks just for fun. I would suggest maybe May or so for that one, as the spawn will just be starting then...

fishforfree

DAWG,

Quote from: DAWG on June 29, 2005, 08:29:24 AM
OH by the way fishforfree whos boat is that in your avatar ? :o

The boat in my avatar is Randy Howell's.  It is the new PUROLATOR  boat he got in January as he is a part of the Purolator Team.  I just got off the phone with him - what a great guy.

Fishaholic

Lipripper

Fish me could have sworn it was Illinois  :roll2: :roll2: ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Fishaholic

could be both, I thought it was gonna be held on the Kankakee River

Lipripper

Now that would work just right  ~c~ ~c~ close to both of us  :roll2: :roll2:

left_turn56

Lipripper

left_turn56

Lipripper

:roll2: :roll2: lo Tought you might like that even better  ;)

BIG PAPA

Quote from: Rattle on June 28, 2005, 08:49:02 PM
I love the idea of the rally. We are still going to work hard on the UBCS and try to get more clubs to participate.in :shocking::roll2:
Just a thought that I have had.
the clubs that are members of UB are pretty well scattered around the country and do not want to travel over a thousand miles to fish. Not to mention most have families and can't take a week or so off without their families, and then there is the cost. I suspect we averaged spending well over $300.00 apiece ( you would triple that or more for a week 1000 miles from home) and were 70 miles from home. I know that one of the things is that the  club has to be an active UB member and of course that is Laurie and Mikes decision and that   is fine with me. BUT: if we want more clubs involved how about opening to other clubs with the thought that after they fished a Shootout and met everyone and hopefully had a great time then they would want to join UB and get involved with the site. Now if we are happy with 2-3 clubs fishing OK but it has been brought up many times that we would like to see more clubs, and I am just thinking out loud. I think some are completely happy with just our 2 clubs, that is alright with me just trying to bring up other ideas.
papa

Mike Cork

Papa, what if a club won the traveling trophy and then never showed up again or particapated in on the forum :'(

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

MotherNature

I hate to be a party pooper here but this thread is supposed to be about the rally not the club shootout ;)

Papa we need to start a thread so that we can talk about the shootout too so that we can talk about all of the ideas floating around in this thread.

Lets keep this area for the rally though...

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Fishaholic

yeah all us non-boaters get a chance to play at a rally

BIG PAPA

Quote from: Mike on June 29, 2005, 07:06:33 PM
Papa, what if a club won the traveling trophy and then never showed up again or particapated in on the forum :'(
Those were just ideas to boost participation.
papa