2006 Ultimate Bass Rally General Discussion

Started by MotherNature, June 28, 2005, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Noble

I think the rally is going to be lots of fun.  I like the idea of having a tournament for everyone on the site.  We might need the entire lake to ourselves with a good turnout.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

fishforfree

I dig that!!!

Will you take me out prefishing Mike? :roll2:

Kal-Kevin

I'm with Lip and Fish on this one
Quote from: Fishaholic on June 29, 2005, 10:26:50 AM
wasn't this gonna be held in Indiana? :roll2:
Quote from: Lipripper on June 29, 2005, 12:04:57 PM
Fish me could have sworn it was Illinois :roll2: :roll2: ;D
but if the date is right I might stop by and grab some one to fish it also

Lipripper

Fish and eye can take a back seat with anyone who has a spot  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Kal-Kevin

I'll get with you two when more info comes out.  8)

kickinbass

Hmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting might have to think about this one, It would be a long ways to tow my boat . But  what are the dates for this?

Mike Cork

The dates are still to be determined and the lake isn't set in stone yet. We are looking at summer time so families can partake ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

This will be like our meets we have on the NAFC BB Eye'm going to be going to one from July 21st to July 24th at La Crosse Wisc. on the Mississippi River  ~c~ ~c~ There will be about 20 members and family who want to come. We even have a member who is comeing all the way from Calif. to go  ~c~ ~c~ This will be my first one and should be lot's of fun  ~c~ ~c~

Creel Limit Zero

I think the rally is a good idea because it'll give a chance for others on the site to come and meet up with everyone else.  It would also give a chance to match up non-boaters with boaters from the area.  I do not have a boat at this time, but by next year I hope to, but I wouldn't want to tow it 1100 miles. 

cmegee

(chanting this over and over) Table Rock, Table Rock....

Lipripper

(chanting this over and over) Table Rock, Table Rock....  :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

bassadict69

Any idea what part of TableRock we are thinking about doing this on?  It looks like that is one HUGE lake!

I have info coming from the Chambers of Commerce etc. already! I can't wait to start planning it! We say every year we are going to The Ozarks...Looks like 2006 will be the year.  ~c~

MotherNature

I requested information from both Dale Hollow (TN) and Table Rock (MO). I will be anxiously awaiting to hear from them both to see what I get.

Laurie

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

fishforfree

I like Tennessee..............

Don't know anything about Dale Hollow but I do like TN.  That might be the most central for everyone included and especially for my partner and myself from FL.

MotherNature

You know I really have my heart set on Table Rock but I am trying to keep an open mind where the Rally is concerned ;)

I want to have it where there is the best facilities as well as the best bang for our buck.... I know that folks will be traveling and we need to hold it some where that will not be so expencive that it will break the bank. I also want to make sure that there is someplace where we can have an all night poker game if we need to and not disturbe anyone.... cook out under some shade trees.... and a central gathering place for all so that we can enjoy the time we get....

Ok... Asside from the location what kinds of things do we need to cover so that we can all be in agreeance (or at least understanding lo)...

Who can fish?
Can they have an off site partner?
What are we fishing for? (money or fun)
What if we had a snoopy pole fishing tournament? I think that would be fun lo lo

dave the dope man

I need to check on this first, but i think that the Nitro Owners tournament is held on Dale Hollow. I will sneak over there and check out that information and let you know. I will post back probably after the upgrade.....Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike

MotherNature

Dave I don't plan to start the upgrade until later this evening so you might not want to wait that long ;)

dave the dope man

Now you know I have more time on my hands that I really need...something about idle hands and the work of the  >:D .......Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike

fishforfree

I think.................

1). the location needs to be central to where most of the members are (and most seem to be in the eastern half of the US)

2). anyone that's a member can fish - I think that's the whole point of it (my opinion)

3). it should be for fun and a little big bass money pot.  It should be friends getting together to fish for a few days and have a tournament as if it were a hot dog roast.  Just like the UBCS - I just wanted to meet everybody.  My partner knows that's all I did  because I sure didn't catch any fish lo

That's my thoughts for now...............

Lipripper

FFF eye'm with you it should be in a spot that is central to most of the members and should be for fun and eye like Lauries idea about a snoopy pole fishing tournament that would be fun  ~c~ ~c~ and  eye'm glad you don't have a boat and we were partners  :o :o We would have lot's of fun but we sure might not catch any BASS  lo lo :roll2: :roll2:

fishforfree

And that's it..........................F-U-N ~cf

CouchTater

Would a Barbie pole substitute in the place of Snoopy?  That is if my lil one will let her dad use it. :D

Dale Hollow is a good choice also...

Tater
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

MotherNature

FFF I totally agree that it should be centered around FUN! I love the idea of getting to meet all of the folks from the site and fishing well........ that is just what I do. I will say that if it is as hot at the 2006 Rally as it was at the 2005 UBCS then I might just opt to stick around the camp, hotel, room and talk with folks cause it was just a tad bit hot even for me lo

Ron Fogelson

If I'm here I'm all in.

As it is Table Rock BASS PRO is headquartered there in Springfield, so maybe them & of course Tracker Marine NITRO they are all so based out of Springfield

bassadict69

I like the idea of TableRock becasue of its close proximity to other attractions for the family such as Branson, Silver dollar City, etc.  One big family vacation included with a fishing trip & reunion with our 2nd family.  ;D

I think if we make it TOO much of a tournament we will scare some people away from attending. I think this one should be mostly for fun. Maybe have a couple of small side pots like we did the Big Bass tourney on Friday at the UBCS. A small entry fee for those wishing to enter but nothing mandatory.

I think Geo's family had the right idea at the shootout. Bring the tubes, skis, whatever, & just cut loose a day or two. I think that would be lots of fun!

I emailed yesterday for ableRock info & eveidently they sent my info to every resort on the lake...I have about 30 emails from different resorts to look through!

The snoopy rod tournament sounds like fun!

I think that if we a tourney of some sort it should ONLY be open to UltimateBass members & family. Start letting others in & it could get out of hand quick!