2006 Ultimate Bass Rally General Discussion

Started by MotherNature, June 28, 2005, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmegee

bassadict69

Any final decisions yet on where it will be held? I am anxious to start planning my vacation!

cmegee

I haven't read any, other than all the suggestions put out by everyone. I hope we can go ahead and start planning now....

MotherNature

I think that we should have some kind of final decision in a week or two. I am waiting on some information from a couple of places and we need to talk about a date.

There are a lot of things that go into planning a tounament like this and i want to make sure that we don't step on a bigger tournament. I know it isn't possible to avoid all of them but I want to try as much as possible. And then there is also the Shootout to take into consideration as well.

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Mike Cork

Lots of ideas and different things going on with the site. Hopefully soon we will have enough information to make a good choice. Most of all we want to make sure it is possible for everyone to show if for nothing else to meet everyone :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

fishforfree

I am really, really interested in going to Dale Hollow, primarily because it would be much closer especially if I am traveling with someone pulling a boat from central FL.

I know Bman is also interested in having it at Dale Hollow.  He says it is God's country. ;D

Fishaholic

you mean we're not having it on the Kankakee River ~roflmao or better yet, at the Grand Kankakee Marsh where everyone would have to fish from shore like me?  ~roflmao

Bman

Fishaholic,
  You can fish from the shore at Dale Hollow!  Granted some spots you would have to walk up a mile and down to get to the water.  Really guys this is a great lake.  The water is crystal clear most of the time.  The residents in the area are great and welcome people like they are their own family. There are huge smallies there and lots of spotted bass also.  I have seen some sunset and sun rise there that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up from the awe of it.

Bman

Buzzman

Dale Hollow would be great! I might even be able to sweet talk OHBassaholic into coming down for that one...

How 'bout it Blaise? You ready to have your shoulders dislocated by a smallmouth?

DAWG

Quote from: fishforfree on July 20, 2005, 09:02:56 AM
I am really, really interested in going to Dale Hollow, primarily because it would be much closer especially if I am traveling with someone pulling a boat from central FL.

I know Bman is also interested in having it at Dale Hollow.  He says it is God's country. ;D
Bman is right ,it is GOD'S Country
Anyone wanting to meet up with me and head down is fine with me. I can arrange for a extra boat if needed.  ~c~ No need to shore fish if you dont want to.

Creel Limit Zero

Quote from: DAWG on July 21, 2005, 09:17:23 AM
Bman is right ,it is GOD'S Country
Anyone wanting to meet up with me and head down is fine with me. I can arrange for a extra boat if needed.  ~c~ No need to shore fish if you dont want to.

I may take you up on that, probably would be coming down from Cincinatti, so would have to go through Lexington...  May need to arrange for a boat rental too, don't think I'll be hauling mine from Baltimore...

TheMikeFrederick

I'm for Table Rock.   The fishing is very good there.  Not only that but Branson is very close.   
Say when....
Mike

MotherNature

I am not sure what the decision will be but as soon as we get that far we will be sure to let everyone know as soon as possible. We are really excited aobut having our first rally and I know it is going to turn out to be a really great tradition ;)

Skipper (ripnlips)

Table Rock? heck that`s not a bad drive at all for us. If it`s there you will definitely get some Offutt Anglers going down for it...

Skipper (ripnlips)

But they are right about Dale Hollow. I been there and it is the prettiest lake I`ve ever been on and there are lots of good fish in it too.

Bman

Laurie and Mike
What factors are coming into play for your decision?

Bman

Mike Cork

Mostly participation but location and facilities are also a consideration. Both Table Rock and Dale Hollow have great facilities. The Ultimate Goal would be to get as many members together as possible  :-*

I sure would like to see everyone go but I know that just won't be possilbe, even if distance doesn't play into it, timing always does :'(

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Mike eye think timing will be the deciding factor for keeping lots of members from comeing  :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

MotherNature

Ok sooooo when should we do this? I see a lot of talk but I must have missed the suggestions on the month for this.... Help me out here and post your thoughts on when we should have the ralley  :help:  :help:  :help:  :help:

DAWG

Taht would be nice as for planning lodging arrangements  :-*

bassadict69

I think June or July is our only two options. Kids are still in school in May & in August they are going back.

I think June would be best...Maybe it won't be quite so hot!  :-*

calincalif50

hmmmmm....another trny...hmmmm and Dale Hollow was where the 14th annual Military Bass trny was held..    lets see......my partner pulled his boat from California to Alabama...and DH is closer...I wonder if he reads this would he be interested again?    :roll2:  ~roflmao

Tritonrob

Would love to be able to go, but don;t hink I will able to make it where ever you go.  Just t far of a ride and I don't have enough time. 

DAWG

Quote from: calincalif50 on August 03, 2005, 11:53:20 AM
hmmmmm....another trny...hmmmm and Dale Hollow was where the 14th annual Military Bass trny was held..    lets see......my partner pulled his boat from California to Alabama...and DH is closer...I wonder if he reads this would he be interested again?    :roll2:  ~roflmao
What marina was it held out of

Fishaholic

I suppose you'll see me there if I can hitch a ride with someone...can't leave Lura home without a vehicle.