Favorite Ga. Lake to Fish

Started by -Joe-, October 29, 2008, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Joe-

I seen this on several of the other state boards and thought it would be interesting to see everyones favorite lakes. Maybe with enough input from members we could get Nick to make it a sticky. :-*
I have three lakes I fish most of the time; Seminole, Eufaula, and when I want a real challenge Blackshear. But to say my one favorite, it would have to be Seminole. I usually put in at Jack Wingates and there's always a friendly smile and a good hot meal there for you.
Joe

hesjustbassin

Mine would be West Point. There's nothing like a lake that you grew up on.
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

DIGGERATL

Hay hesjustbassin  any special part of westpoint, I've fished their since 85. Mine use to be around Ga Park, wolf creek but the last few years don't seem to be as good. This year I have fished more around Yellow jacket .  ~fff

-Joe-

Quote from: hesjustbassin on November 01, 2008, 06:34:12 AM
Mine would be West Point. There's nothing like a lake that you grew up on.

I fished West Point a few weeks ago and had a blast. It was my first time there and really didn't know the lake but didn't do to bad either. Its a lake that I'll definately fish again. Maybe ya could give a few tips on my next trip up there.
Joe

Swede

I'd have to agree with you Ranger Joe - Lake Seminole.  Did enjoy being out on Lanier one time, but it is too far north to really get much fishing in on it.  On Lake Seminole - usually launch on the FL side out of Seminole Lodge because it is closer, but have spent my share of time out of Wingates, Spring Creek Park, and other locations as well. 
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

hesjustbassin

Quote from: Ranger Joe on November 01, 2008, 11:09:58 AM
I fished West Point a few weeks ago and had a blast. It was my first time there and really didn't know the lake but didn't do to bad either. Its a lake that I'll definately fish again. Maybe ya could give a few tips on my next trip up there.
Joe
Quote from: DIGGERATL on November 01, 2008, 07:19:04 AM
Hay hesjustbassin  any special part of westpoint, I've fished their since 85. Mine use to be around Ga Park, wolf creek but the last few years don't seem to be as good. This year I have fished more around Yellow jacket .  ~fff

Easily my favorite area is Turkey Creek in the spring. The deep bends on the Chatthoochee are also tops on my list. As far as Yellow Jacket goes, it would have to be the 3 Indian mounds by Yellow Jacket Park
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

javelin225ho

any of these lakes are good.  my favorite is Sinclair, then West Point....Eufaula is great and so is Oconee.  I never really liked Lake Jackson, probablly because i never cashed a check there....

fishinfranklin

My favorite is Eufaula on the south end,,another great place to fish in Georgia is over at Fort Stewart, i dont get to go over there much but have allways done great there,,i think those lakes produced 6 or 8 of the record bass/? But i will say Patricks PFA is one good place to fish theres lots of lakes/ponds to fish an seen lots of bass 8 pounds come from there ~cf

senkofan1

I agree with alot of these post year around Seminole is my favorite place to fish as well. Year round you can catch monster bass. I love to flip even though they are spraying the lake there are still plenty of grass matts to flip. I do like eufala also but for consistent big fish I like Seminole.

T-REX

Has anyone fished Banks lake lately,what works this time of the year and what part of the lake is the most productive? thanks for any info.

chief31794

My favorite Georgia Lakes in order are:

LARGE:
Blackshear
Sinclair
Eufaula
Seminole

SMALL:
Patricks PFA
Banks Lake
Reed Bingham

Ken
Chief
God Bless America and those who defend her.

MidnightStorm

castking

Lake Lanier , but it looks like I maybe the only one.

CNels

One more vote for Lanier...Spotted bass capital of Ga! LOL