Sponsors

Started by crankin 4 bass, November 04, 2008, 05:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crankin 4 bass

Sponsors.

To help the club grow.  How would everyone feel about reaching out to some sponsors like Strike King, Plano, Underarmor etc etc.

Other suggestion would be to change the logo to look more appealing to sponsors.  I know we went down this road the beginning of this year, but I think for the continued growth of the club it would be beneficial to have something a little more modern.  Let me know what you all think.  My suggestion would be the rat with the bass in its moth that CD proposed before.
Team Outcast Bass Club -www.facebook.com/teamoutcast

tdt91

How would the club grow by getting these sponsers? How do you want or feel the club should grow? The logo would mean nothing to those international companys as I would imagine our club would mean nothing to them as well. I'm sorry to here you do not like our Logo. But really, what do you mean be grow?
Original Rat

Kal-Kevin

First I want to say I ask tdt91 for permission to post in your board, as a club member up here in Michigan I want to let you know to check out everything that might be good and bad with this idea. When you get in bed with business you have a lot of thing to lose, and yes there is a gain to it be sponsored.

We went for the money to make our club grow and it work a little but we have done more on our own now that we left them behind. they wanted us to use their stuff only and to do shows for them. we had members that use some of their stuff but others that did not like the stuff at all. as for the shows it was hard to get member to leave their fishing and go to show to only talk of the sponsors items.

We found out that if you get real active with your club and every member try to get the word out you will grow with out sponsors. A nice honest club that takes the time to work with each other is the best thing you can do.

My advise is to get active in your club you will be happy you did, it is worth every minute. Now I will butt out and leave it to you to do what is best.

Kal-Kevin
Kal-Valley Bass Club member

crankin 4 bass

I am just trying to help the club grow and get the word out.  Grow=more members, larger tournaments, even less cost to each member.  Sponsors are just an idea to help with fund raising.  I don't consider this any different then the church softball team being sponsored by some local business.  Parameters would be set as far as what we would accept and do for any sponsors we would get.

Personally I feel the logo is outdated, but I realize others including myself maybe outnumbered in this opinion. 

Trainer52

I definately think the club would benefit from local sponsors... As far as Large national brands, I think it will be too much of a task to get them to get on board...  Local sponsors could help out with cost and expensives the club may have... Tom and I have talked a little about some jumping on board maybe in the future especially to promote growth in the open tournaments.... As far as more modern I understand what Paul may be  thinking... My vote would definately  be for a new tournament shirt too be worn on club days... You know me being the model type, I needs to look good on the water.. ~shade.... I just think a new shirt would have us looking more as a cohesive unit and bass master classic pros  ~roflmao... Just my 2 cents, good luck Tom in the next 4 yrs!!

tdt91

Hey we gonna need the luck over the next 4. I like the idea of tnx shirts and we had already came up with a design. Its just a matter of time before we order. Like Trainer said,  local sponsers are a plus, we have been working on that. I have been in the club since its inception and we have had local sponsers in the past. They were gotton by members who were very active in the club. Like Kal-Kevin said, get active in the club, be excited about meetings, tnxs, volunteer work, doing/going to events to help the club/Federation. As far as member numbers goes, we are on the way to growth. When we started this club three of the members had been in other clubs. They all agreed that getting to large created more problems/conflicts that it was worth. Thats why we set the limit to 16 members. After 16 seasons of being in this club I can testify to that. Even though 16 members is not a big club, problems still often arise from personnel issues. Bill H. and Gary can surly testify to that as well. Not that it can't work, because I'm sure others have done it. Now, no offense to anyony. Over the many years its hard enough to get members to meetings consistantly, pay dues on time, participate at club funtions, going out on the weekends to local tnxs and putting fliers on windshields. volunteer for things, etc. The list go's on and on. The open tnxs we have may seem like small turnouts but when you consider all the other tnxs going on we are doing well. We get as many or more participants than other club opens do consistantly. Our dues are 60 bucks a year, you wont find a club for less yearly dues. Please, feel free to ask questions about things concerning the club. Gary, Bill H. Mike and myself have been around along time and can answer questions for you. Please don't take this the wrong way or as agression, its not ment to be. Questions were asked in this forumn and I am just answering them in my cornfield educated way.We have a bunch of great guys right now and we hope to keep it that way. Thanks, Kal-Kevin for your experience. Get active with the club and learn all about it.   
Original Rat

crankin 4 bass

As far as more modern I understand what Paul may be  thinking... My vote would definitely  be for a new tournament shirt too be worn on club days... You know me being the model type, I needs to look good on the water.. ~shade.... I just think a new shirt would have us looking more as a cohesive unit and bass master classic pros 
[/quote]

Thanks for the support.  Ask CD for the newer looking design he and his wife came up with.  I really liked it.  Very sharp and a newer look.

Double T: I look at local sponsors or whatever as just something to defray costs and could help us promote our open tournaments to an even wider audience and gain more entrants into those events.  Bigger purse or extra prizes from sponsors may mean better gains for the club.  I am not trying to make waves.  I know your upset about the election.  I am just as upset if not more.  I just like to fish and I had fun this season, but we should always be looking to improve an try new things.  If it doesn't work then we go back to how it is now.

Trainer52

I like all the discussion guys, I think its good for the club having active people with new idea's... Just being a new member of the club I think theres plenty of room for positive growth... By growth I am refering to new places to host tournaments, overnight tournaments, expanding the participation for our opens etc...... Being a active member in the club is key... If you talk to anyone please encourage them to join this site especially since  the non tournament months are ahead, this message board is a great place  we can talk and have discussion!!!