Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best quality fishing rod?  (Read 9474 times)

Dug

• Life Member
  • there are actually more than 2 sides to a coin
Re: Best quality fishing rod?
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »

You guys want to see a really nice rod for under 60 bucks?? If you live near a Dicks Sporting goods take a look at the new field and Stream offering, I was very impressed.  For 59.00 I couldn't resist.
Got a 7'6" telescoping MH Extra Fast tip casting rod for the price and this think can't weigh more than 5 oz.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/largeImage/index.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//DSP.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pDSP1-7167442dt.jpg

dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

ex301p

• Lunker
  • When In Doubt, Just Frog It!
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »

For the most part I would have to agree with the G.Loomis crowd. I love the IMX rods and the GL3 rods for that matter. IMX for sensitive fishing and the GL3 for things like Cranks and Topwaters. However there are exceptions for me. For example I would not trade my Quantum Tour PT 6'10 heavy rod for any rod out there for it is by far my favorite rod for casting and  pitching of jigs. IMO, the best is no different then what you conciser the best worm, crank or anything else is. It's what you have confidence in and what is comfortable for you.

My fishing partner is a Lamiglas nut. My pond hopping buddy is a Falcon nut. There is enough Shimano nuts here to keep Shimano in biz for the next 100 years. It's all about what you have confidence in. One thing I have noticed is that like me, a lot of the people I fish with have at least one rod from another company in there line up. G.Loomis may make the best worm rod for example, but IMO they could not make a good frog rod if there life depended on it. Per this example you can see the best is not always the best for every situation. 

stratos bandit

• Charter Member
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »

I did not see anyone mention the Wright & McGill Skeet Reese Tessera Rods.  Any feedback on them?  I picked up the 7'6" Swimbait/Carolina Rig rod at a local boat show for $65....retails around 89.99.

Feels good in hand but haven't done any real fishing with it yet.

dedges4

• Smallmouth
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

the best quality rod for me is a Deep South Rod. the sensitivity is great and they are strong as they come. so check them out for a great rod.   

rocco641

• UB Member
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »

IMO I have to go with the powell 683C,Best all around rod in its 140.00 price class. and that coming from a guy that used to only fish IMX's and GLX's ;) But like others have said its all personal preference

scottemory72

• Smallmouth
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »

Falcon Cara for me; I love 'em!

netmansc

• Smallmouth
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 02:30:10 AM »

For the price and the feel of the Vendetta's has been great.  But i agree that this is just a great rod debate.  I have this debate on the boat with a friend of mine almost every weekend.  He is a hardcore G. Loomis man and I have always used All Stars until now.  His big thing is the weight issue between the two.  I think that every person should use a rod that is comfortable them.

BassthumbJE

• Largemouth
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 10:47:15 AM »

St. croix avid series!!! 

aaronis

• Largemouth
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »

St. Croix mojo bass rods.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 23 queries.