New Legend Boats Dealer in SoCal..

Started by smartcaddie, December 05, 2008, 12:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smartcaddie

Hi guys! I work for a G3 dealer down in Castaic Ca. Legend Boats is asking us to become one of their dealers. we have a great service department and its a mid size shop.
I've been trying to do some research on Legend Boats locally and everyone seems to have great opinion about them.. though no one owns one around here..
What i want to know from you guys that own Legends is what do you really think about the boats?? Have you had any warranty issues with them? any problems? i heard something about transoms flexing... is that true? any livewell problems or so? i really want to hear from owners that can give me their sincere opinion.
Thank you for any tips or help!!!
by the way i would give great deals on the new legends!!!
~b~ ~sweat

-Shawn-

First, Welcome to Ultimate Bass!!!

As far as the legends I have an LE 21 with a 225 pro XS and is by far the best boat I have ever owned. My dealer also sells Stratos, Allison and a few other brands. When it comes to service The legend owners go to the front of the list. No questions asked just You own a legend you have priority.  ~c~

As far as transom flexing , this is something I have never heard.

Mike Noble

Welcome smartcaddie to UltimateBass.com.  I am on my second Legend.  Had a LE 21 previously and now own an Alpha211.  I have never had any warranty issues.  Had a couple of small issues with the LE 21 and they were taken care of immediately.  The Alpha211 has not had any problems...owned it for just over a year.  There isn't a dealer locally and I have gotten both boats straight from the factory in Midway, AR.  The folks at the factory are A-1, top of the line, extremely nice and helpful people.

I have not heard of the transom flexing, have had no livewell problems, or anything "boat" related.

The Legend is a very smooth riding boat...smoothest I have ever ridden in.  Handling is great also.  I know your dealership will be more than pleased with the performance of the Legend boat and the people of Legend boats.

If you have any questions, just give me a holler.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

smartcaddie

thank you guys for the comments! well here is another question i have..  how does Legend compare in ride and price with other manufactures?, well in your opinion.

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: smartcaddie on December 05, 2008, 12:29:05 PM
i heard something about transoms flexing... is that true? any livewell problems or so? i really want to hear from owners that can give me their sincere opinion.
~b~ ~sweat

I know you asked for owners in put so I'm sorry I'm butting in but I've spent a lot of time in Both of Nobles Legends and both of Mike/Laurie Corks Legend and took time to ride with Noble to tour the factory when he went to pick up his current boat.

Those guys up there are top notch.  Everyone & I mean every one of the employees that were at work that day came out to meet us.  From the receptionist to the gal that wiped the boat down one last time before we went home were professional and were asking how could they help and what else they could do for us.  Now Mike was the guy buying but they stopped work long enough in each section for me to take a tour of the facilities.  I started a the very beginning and got a walking tour of every section.  We went over wires, hulls, top deck, seats, live wells, rod lockers, motor setting, jackplates, and the transoms.  The livewells are built on site as well, in fact everything is, the rod lockers storage areas everything so they can maintain control of the product.  I saved the transoms for last because they make everything even the transoms and I was given a chance to hold some of the supports and even told to toss one on the floor  :shocking:  I was hesitant because it was so heavy and when I let it go and it hit the floor it sounded like I had dropped a chuck of steel.  Those things are tough as nails and this is the very 1st I've ever heard of a flex question. 

I currently own a 929 Nitro, It is wider then a legend and just a few inches shorter but the ride is worlds apart.  Don't get me wrong I like my boat, but I beats my ass compared to the LE21 or Alpha 211, If I could swing it I'd have been in one a while ago.

-Shawn-

I have owned Skeeter, triton, Champion, and stratos and havefished just about every make at one time or the other and the closest boat to a legend in ride and rough water performance is a champion.  But the legend will out corner any of them .  Fit and finish is better than any boat on the market.

Mike Cork

Transom Flex? Your the first person I have ever heard that from? Laurie and I talk with the factory regularly and have never heard the first word about it, I would be interested to know how you heard about it?

As has already been said hear, when you join up with Legend boats you become part of the family, every person in their factory is part of a giant perfectly messed team that builds a fine machine.

As far as the ride of a Legend, I will put it up against any other boat. Here in Louisiana the one that folks think is the best rough water ride is the champion. My alpha 211 has left many a champions of the same size behind simply because they couldn't or were not comfortable enough in their boats to take the rough water. The Legends just set and cut the waves, don't get me wrong you can over drive it, but in 2-3 foot waves its easy to cruse at 50 plus and stay dry  ~c~

Top end speed is what ever you want it to be, out of the box mine will hit 76.9 gps others have achieved more.

I had an issue with my control panel, called Lou at the factory. He had me check a couple things and then sent me a new one Fed Ex so that I was ready for the weekend tournament. Even told me how to by pass just in case it didn't make it over night. You just can't get any better service!

If you have any questions are want to talk off line shoot me an email are give me a call 318-560-9827

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Noble

Other than a Legend, I have only owned Nitro boats.  But I have ridden in Rangers, Skeeters, Champions, Tritons, and others...and I have never ridden in a smoother riding boat.  It cuts thru waves (2 footers) like nothing and is easy to control and easy on your body.  The last boat I rode in, other than a Legend, was a Triton and it nearly beat me to death.

I can let go of the steering wheel at 70 mph (much to my partners dismay) and the boat runs true.  But sometimes on this cold mornings, you just have to warm the hands.  ;D
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

BassBUFF

I've got an 07 LE195 w/200 Opti and I love this boat. It handles like a sports car! I too got mine from the factory. Those folks are the best! I also took a tour of the factory before I decided and meeting the folks and seeing how these boats are put together sold me right there!

smartcaddie

well guys thank you for your input i really apreciate it.. these boats are not that big in socal.. alot of people have heard of them but no one has one lol... well i heard about the transom flex from an allegedly pro staff fisherman that decided to switch boat manufacture sponsorship because of this.. i cant recall a name.. we are hoping to make a debute for Legend in one of the LA boat shows we have here.. and we'll see how they sell.. well like i said hopefully... i dont mean to bug you guys but what are some of the key highlights that you can see on the boats?

Ron Fogelson

IMO the dry ride and handling will sell the boat if you can 1. get them financed 2. get them on the water.

next on the list is you get a completely custom boat built at a cookie cutter boat price.

Mike Noble

I'm sure several of the folks will provide input on it...never be afraid to ask about the Legend, the owners love to talk about them.  lo

One of the things that is easily seen without running it is the attention to detail.  Take the back compartment...gas tank, batteries, etc., it is one of the few boats (not sure who else does it) that has a "finished" compartment.  No rough fiberglass...all finished like the rest of the boat.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

-Shawn-

The finish detail. It has got to be the best I have seen on any boat.  The tackle butt seat is also an Eye catcher. The fade jobs are also some of if not the best Gelcoat work I have seen.

oddball angler

Smartcaddie,

You will not be disappointed if you choose to hook up with Legend Boats. The service, support, and respect you get from Dean and the gang is above reproach. Their customer service policy is the example of how to do it. I currently have a 2009,  Alpha 199 and live approximately 75 miles north of Castaic. You will be the closest dealer to me; and, you will get my support. If you need someone to give a demo ride up north, I'm a phone call away.

Again, if you choose Legend to partner with, and you decide to give them call one day, don't be surprised when a friendly human being  answers the phone. Now that's comforting right there, I don't care who you are.

What ever you decide ....GOOD LUCK!!!

When I sold my triton i was a little nervous about stepping into a Legend. I have no regrets. It has been the best boat decision I have ever made.

Terry Greenwaldt
Terry Greenwaldt
Bakersfield, Ca

www.inland-marine.com
www.peregrine250.com