lopez

Started by Dean, February 02, 2009, 12:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean

52-54.8 degrees, slight stain to very clear in places.  Fish are stacked in a couple of "moving up" places, but I only managed to get one jig fish in 4 hours.  That fish was on a steep transition bank, but definitely a lot more in 10-20 feet next to flats than at SM.

calincalif50

C achuma was a better and looks to be getting better.  Stan and I caught between 8-10 most ewere good trny bass, a couple were dinks under 12.

I'm  off this weeknd for my 3 day weekend, and wife is going south to do some art , that leaves me all 3 days to fish, and I will definitely do Friday and Sunday, might have to stay and work around the house on saturday, buuuuuuuuuuttttt  if someone invites me on saturday, I'm there.

All of ours came on jigs or carolina.  water was 55-57

Dean

Wow! not bad water temps down there at all.  A couple of weeks 'til that first wave starts doin' their thing ;D  Not sure if I'll make it out this weekend, but probably next.  Any of you want to hit Lopez in my boat, and then Cachuma in yours like the following week or something?  That way we can avoid re-tagging/inspections as much as possible.

Anyway, I am probably not up for the 7th, but hopefully the 14th.  I may even take a weekday off if you wanted to go during the week.

calincalif50

This weekend is my 3-day weekend, won't get another until the 20th

Dean

I guess I'll have to see how much homework my new class requires to know for sure if I can go.  Not sure if Valentines Day is an "off limits" period?   :-\  I may end up being off the water for 2 weeks???  >:(     This is not good... may have to take a day or two of leave pretty soon if that happens. ;D

Dustin

I hit up Lopez on sunday, just wanted to let everyone know that the ramp is slick do to them letting out water. The ramp claimed one vehicle on sunday and I slipped a little when i came to a stop coming down the ramp to unload. Water temp between 70-73.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Stan

Wow thats crazy!  How was the bite out there?
Stan

Dustin

bite was good on blades (3 total). 1 dink on drop shot. top water was slow, fish would just bump and run no takers. needed some clouds. then the wind came so we headed out and thats when we came to the ramp with a pickup in the water.

Stan

Yep it's a FORD  ;D!
Stan

calincalif50

need to rename the truck now to FOLD (Found on Lake Dead),  yep its definitely a FOLD truck

too crazy.

Dustin

whats even funnier than that is he had a for sale sign in the back window. he gonna have a hard time getting rid of it now.

Stan

Did he get it restarted while you were there?  And how did they get it turned around on the ramp, the first photo shows it going in head first then the second looks like it's headed up the ramp?
Stan

Dustin

it wasn't turned around it just looks like it is. he basically was backing down and over corrected so he was going straight down he was going down at an angle thats when he started slipping. the boat was still connected to the trailer winch. so i think the boat was lifting the back end of the truck up. they just pulled the truck and trailer out with a good ole Chevy. i don't thing they got it started. they used the same truck to pull the boat out after hooking up the trailer. I told the ranger they should drain the fluids and put her back in the lake, we'd have some good structure to fish.

Stan

Probably runs better now than it did before.  Tom's not replying hear 'cause he just recently converted over from the dark side!
Stan

TomG

I have nothing to say except good things about that 2001 F-350 Power Stroke.......minus the MPG that is.................. >:(

TomG

Finally broke away from Cachuma and went to Lopez.  It was an ok day my 3 keepers weighed as much as a limit at Cachuma.......I got a 6lb, 3.5lb, and 2.5lb all on cranks.  I did get other fish but they were shorts those came on drop-shot. 

It really gets old when you have people ride next to you and try to set waypoints off your location.............. ~rant  I figure if you're in a Ranger 520 you should know how to fish right.............apparently not.

Stan

Those guys can fish as long as you find them!!!!!!! ;D
Stan