Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reel of choice  (Read 10113 times)

Sc Bassin

• Largemouth
  • There he is!
Re: Reel of choice
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2005, 01:28:54 PM »

Jeff:
Thank you for the very informative reply. I agree that Shimano makes an excellent reel. I have 5 Bantam Magnumlite 2001 Gt's that still work great and all I have ever done to them is to clean & grease them. I also have several Curado's in the different gear ratio's & never a problem.
In December of last year I bought a couple of Pflueger Presidents (WLPL's) because that was the brand my Dad use to buy & I used as a kid. The 2nd reason was the price & feel. I am retired & fish often & have been using them on my worm rods which I fist at least 80% of the time. This past spring I caught many fish between 5 & 10 lbs & a few over 10. So far they have held up, in fact I purchased 2 more. I did that after I read the review on Tackle Tour.

I got into a hard discussion on another forum about these 2 reels. I will tell you I like the Pflueger President better than the Curado 201. Time will only tell if it is as good but so far so good. Again thank you for the informative post.

fish_cobra

• Club Board Mod
  • Largemouth
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2005, 08:46:19 AM »

Well, I may as well put in my 2 cents worth. My first bait caster was a Diawa 3H which i retired about five years ago. It was purchased for me as a birthday gift by my wife along with a Lews speed stick in 1975. 25 years of service and the number of times it was cleaned could be counted on one hand of a cross-eyed butcher. I also have a diawa 5HS that I use for carolina-rigging. I was strictly a garcia man until about 5 years ago when I purchased a Pfluger Supreme. I fished with it for about 5 hours and went and bought another one. I own a Calcutta, a Trion and a President. Each one is used at least twice a week. The Pflugers are what I can afford! They work just fine and haven't given me any problems. For the working man to save up 3 or 4 hundred dollars, for a reel, is near impossible these days. Something always comes up that will take priority over fishing equipment. For those of you who can afford that....I'm truly happy for you. If I was good enough to make a living fishing, I'm sure I would own the top of the line, "cause the manufacturers would "give" me my equipment I needed. Don't you suppose the pros are concerned about "slave labor"? Yet all the brands are use by one pro or another. Don't think I'm not concerned. I'm old school and am proud of my country but lets face it, if you took everything out of you house that was produced by "slave labor" you would do  without a lot of things because they aren't made in America. Since China produces over 50 percent of the worlds silk you made want to see where the silk on your G-Loom is comes from. If it's true silk like they say. You can find hardly any electronics that aren't made in Korea or China. Including the switches on you 30,40 or 50 thousand dollar American bass boat. We cannot put these people out of business.....these days there are too many people who can't afford to "not buy" products from these countries and even more who don't give a crap! I wish everything I owned was truly American made. Even if it were, it doesn't stop the disgruntled employee from sabotaging whatever product he's making to get even with the boss or whatever, then you have several hundred items out there that are junk.
     I'm sure someone will research the thread on their G-Loom is and the switches on their boat on say they're from Japan not China......that's not the point! Buy the best you can afford and enjoy this wonderful sport that we have the liberty of having.
     I fish out of a "85" HydraSport because the transom went out on my "79" Procraft. I use the tackle I can afford to buy and have been club champion three years in a row and even made top six having only fished through June the last year using the tackle I have.
   I Love God, my family, my country and fishing....in that order.
                                    Now that's preachin'.....Love Ya.....mean it!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 06:48:46 PM by fish_cobra »
Siggy by DundeeMike
RIP SOME LIPS!

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2005, 12:49:31 PM »

Here Here there Mr. Cobra.  ~c~
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

kw4570gov

• Largemouth
  • Tin Bullet
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 09:36:10 AM »

Fish Cobra

I could not have said that any better.

Kent

silversalmon

• Ultimate Basser
  • Slaying the Salmon.
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2005, 03:43:23 PM »

Hey, I am lookin at a Okuma Oryx RSX-65 for my next salmon reel, anybody know about how these are :-\

United States Air Force 1994-present

basshunter1

• UB Member
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2007, 10:26:26 PM »

Hello
              Just like to say if you don't want your b.p.s. pro qualifier baitcasters send them my way. I been fishing for years with b.p.s. baitcasting reels and I never had a problem. I use them about two to three days a  week and an average of six to eight hours in the day. and thats not including the fourteen club tournaments I fish.
             I make sure  they are well maintained during the off season so there ready to go for the following year.

what it boils down to is people like what they like thats what makes us who we are.

basshunter1

GotstaFish

• Ultimate Basser
  • Mark 1:17 I will make you fishers of men
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

Shimano, didn't know there was any others  :)
Karl@KaRuLures.com

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2007, 10:31:35 PM »

what it boils down to is people like what they like thats what makes us who we are.

basshunter1

Very true, that's why there are so many options out there  ~c~
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bassonly

• Largemouth
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »

I use Shimano Curados (new and old models) and Chronarchs exclusively. They feel right, and that is just one more thing to boost my confidence and success.
Boone Powell
Fishing is my job and my passion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 23 queries.