-1 Quantum Energy pt-30 Catalyst spinning reel
-1 Shimano Curado
-1 Browning ClS 10H
-1 Shimano Bantam B200
The Performance Company

Crigger Craw

10 shimano curados
3  shimano chronarchs

They have all been put to the test by me and i absolutley abuse them and they just keep on catching fish with no problem at all

Team_Reeder20

Bassmeister do you like that Sonora? My local walmart started carrying that reel this year and i was looking at picking it up.
Member of the "Little Boats, Big Bass" Fishing Club

Sponsors: Minda Lures

Bassburner15

-Steve-

Casting:

1 Pflueger Pariarch 7.1:1
1 Pflueger Pariarch 6.4:1
2 Pflueger Summit 7.1:1
1 Pflueger Trion LP 5.2:1

Spinning:

Pflueger Trion
Shimano Sustain
Abu Garcia Light Combo
Shimano Ugly Stick Combo

If I had my way, and it's coming, I need some slower casting reels but...$$$...what can I say.

Steve

\My Mind is a Library Full of Worthless Information\

Dunham Fisher

Let me see -

Baitcasters:
                  2 Quantums
                  1 Abu Gacia
                  1 Pinnacle

Spinning:
              2 Quantums
              1 Abu Garcia
              3 Mitchells

Spincast:
              1 Abu Garcia  Yes, I do fish a spincaster.   :embarassed:  For me, it's the
                                 perfect retrieve speed for fishin' Jitterbugs.   ;)

Fly:
       3 Martins  I love to throw streamers for bass, or even panfishin'.

The Bassmeister

Quote from: Team_Reeder20 on April 02, 2009, 10:22:46 PM
Bassmeister do you like that Sonora? My local walmart started carrying that reel this year and i was looking at picking it up.

Yes,  I have it on a 6'6" St. Croix Triumph and really like it.  I went to buy another one this winter but ended up buying a Cardinal that was regular price $40 on sale for $15.  I didn't realize Wally was selling them.  What price did they have on them?
Ranger 519VX 200 Optimax

Cross her eyes!

OCBassman

Baitcasters:

6 Quantum
1 Shimano Curado 100
1 Diawa
1 ABU Garcia

Spinning:

2 Shimano

2 ABU Garcia

ampeg

Baitcasting

Shimano Curado
Abu 4600c3
Abu 4600c4 (can't seem to get this to cast)
Allstar (Pflueger)
Pflueger
Quantum US300 (x2)  (neither work well)
Old Shimano Bantam from the 90's (never use it)

Spinning
Abu Cardinal
Red Dot

I really really like the Pflueger reels, I got them at Academy. I use them for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits... I use the 4600c3 for worms/soft plastics.
Saints fan for life!

boatnum

1-Shimano MG51 Baitcaster
6-Shimano Curado 201B Baitcasters
1-Shimano Curado 201SFB Baitcaster
1-Shimano Curado 101B Baitcaster

I own quite a few other reels but these get the brunt of the work.  I do use a spinning reel for trout fishing in the streams sometimes. 

fishingram24

Reels in the rod locker now, all baitcasters

4--Pinnacle Pro Series
3--Pflueger Supremes
3--Ambassaduer 5500 3C
2--Quantum Accurist 500 PT

Another 8 or 10, mainly older 5000 series Ambassaduers, in fair condition. Loved the round reels for years but got older and wiser and don't use them as often, primarily worms and jig fishing now.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

goodrat79

WHAT A STOOOOOOOOPID POST.  I got this and that, blah, blah, blah,blah.  I got a thousand different reels whatever, whatever.  I'm sure the companies are happy to hear this kind of crap but come on.
   How do you use them?  what are set up for whatever presentation?  Or are we all just obsessive about the wrong things?  I know what every pro tells you for a tournament they have a rod for every different kind of bait, color, what ever. NEWS FLASH.  they are sponsored, i.e. paid to use them.  I've fished and won many local tournaments, And the only time I carry more than two rods is when my wife and kids are coming with me.  And for the record I have 3 spinning.  one is a ice jigging reel, and one is a light reel. and 2 bcs and I'm trying to sell one of them.

OutdoorFrontiers

Quote from: goodrat79 on April 05, 2009, 03:35:32 PM
WHAT A STOOOOOOOOPID POST.  I got this and that, blah, blah, blah,blah.  I got a thousand different reels whatever, whatever.  I'm sure the companies are happy to hear this kind of crap but come on.
   How do you use them?  what are set up for whatever presentation?  Or are we all just obsessive about the wrong things?  I know what every pro tells you for a tournament they have a rod for every different kind of bait, color, what ever. NEWS FLASH.  they are sponsored, i.e. paid to use them.  I've fished and won many local tournaments, And the only time I carry more than two rods is when my wife and kids are coming with me.  And for the record I have 3 spinning.  one is a ice jigging reel, and one is a light reel. and 2 bcs and I'm trying to sell one of them.

And your point is what?  Someone asked and people are answering.  Fishing with a couple rods and reels works for you, others think differently.

I would rather have multiple rods and reels set up for different presentations, readily available than to cut and retie.  Plus, I have the knowledge that if I'm fishing and a rod breaks or a reel malfunctions, my fishing day isn't ended.

Steve

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

skeeter90

Cmon seriously. Cant everyone get alone? Isnt what this board is for? RODS, REELS, AND FISHING LINE. Its a question that people are answering. If it was stupid then know one would post on it.

The Bassmeister

Ranger 519VX 200 Optimax

Cross her eyes!

Jared LeBlue

What is stupid about the post. The man asked a question and people answered it. Maybe he is trying to find out what most guys fish with so the next time he goes and buys a reel he will have a good idea of what to buy. Nobody from what I read said anything about being sponsored nor did they write an article in this post as to why they believe people should buy the brand of reel they are using. A simple question was asked and simple answers were given.
Ardent Prostaff

Craig314

I believe in the age old better to have to many than to few,lol.

Baitcaster's:

2 Pro Max 3600's (Sup hard Jerkbait's)

1 Pro Max 3600  (Crankbait)

1 3600 T  (Jigs)

1 STX Revo (spinnerbait)

1 SX HS  Revo  (Frog)

1 5600 EXT Pro HS (Back up) Good for Musky

Spinning

1 2500 Shimano Spyrex (Fluke)

1 2500 "                   " (Tube)

1 2500 "                   " (Shakyhead)

1 1000 "                   " (UL for Crappie)

Will be replacing my older Pro Max's with Revo's as money allows.

Craig

A bad day fishin beats a good day workin!!!! or as my daddy says when all else fails use dynamite!

Baron49

I think this could have been worded a whole lot nicer.  If you want to post your questions and get respectful answers then you probably should respect this poster he is asking a question and everyone is trying to help by answering.  Just to show how "stooooopid" I am, going to answer this poster's question and I am NOT sponsored and do have a large variety of rods and reels for a lot of different situations.  I learned early on that one or two rods will rarely cover the many different presentions that it takes to fish bass today effectively.

12 Revo S
4 Revo SXHS
3 Revo Winches
1 Quantum 4.1
2 Quantum 5.1
3 BPS Qualifier wide spool spinning reels

This does not include the Abu Garica round reels that I use for Musky, Salmon, Walleye, and Striper fishing.

IDtroutmaster

i dont have to many reels, but i shure enjoy them.

casting:
Pflueger trion low profile
Shimano curado

spining:
Abo Garcia Cardinal 300
Michell 300xe
Pflueger trion GX-7

jmb3675

I think this is one of the most fun posts on here. I especially like seeing the combos and applications as it has given me ideas on where to start pairing up my rods and reels. Adding 6 combos this year has given me a lot to think about. Especially since I have only been bass fishing a few years. I have tons to learn and enjoy the learning almost as much as fishing. Sadly enough I'm starting to enjoy looking for clearance deals that made it past last years closeouts. I have made out like a bandit this year.

By the way I added a shimano corvalus 301 today.

scottemory72

This is a great question!  The best thing about this site is you get to hear about what other people are using to catch fish.  I have learned a lot from the posts on here!  The only stoooooooopid question is one that is never asked.  Here's what I have:

Flippin Stick-Abu Garcia Winch
Big Crankbait Rod-Abu Garcia Winch
Med Action Crankbait/Spinnerbait Rod-Abu Garcia Revo S
Spinnerbait Rod-Abu Garcia Revo S
Worm Rod-Abu Garcia Pro Max
Topwater/Jerkbait-Abu Garcia Pro Max
Frog Rod-Abu Garcia Pro Max

Can you guys tell I'm a Abu Garcia Man?  And I might add, every one of my setups goes with me on every fishing trip unless I'm going to a pond and I'm bank fishing.  Then I only take a two or three.

jmb3675

My name is Jason and I have a serious problem. I added an Ambassadeur c3 5501 yesterday. Not because i needed it. Just because it was $63 at a store closing sale.

Dunham Fisher

Quote from: jmb3675 on April 14, 2009, 09:35:19 AM
My name is Jason and I have a serious problem. I added an Ambassadeur c3 5501 yesterday. Not because i needed it. Just because it was $63 at a store closing sale.

Well Jason, to that I say - WELCOME ABOARD!    ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

coldfront

I rarely have more than 6 combos in my boat...just don't have deck space for me and all those rods on my 72" beamed boat  ;D

My 'working' baitcasting reels are:
7 Shimano Curado D's:  MH and M action rods for flipping/pitching, topwater, plastics, cranks etc
3 Ambassador Record RCN50's:  H action rods for froggin' and C-rigging

'working' spinning reels are:
2 BPS Pro Qualifiers:  'just in case/just 'cause' although I use spinning way less than 5% of the time...drop shot...shakey head is only reason for these...and usually only have ONE of these in the boat...

'for the kids'
1 Ambassador C4600 (baitcasting)  actually, I really like this reel...but just don't use it ... hate to part with it...
4 Shimano Sahara (spinning)

and on those 'Grey Poupon' days...
2 Ross fly reels

Over the years I've dialed in how I like to use the rods/reels/line combos and what will and "can" work...the Heavy action rods didn't come along until I got serious about froggin'...which was followed up by the addition/use of braid...

jwengerd

2 bait casters- Quantum Energy Burner, Abu Garcia Black Maxx.  2 spininng reels- Quantum Energy, Okuma.