TheMiz54 Fishing Journal

2010 Fishing Total
4 Largemouth (Biggest Fish 2lb 8oz)

catt

Shimano Calcutta CT100A 2 ea.

Shimano Cardiff CDF100A 2 ea.

Shimano Calcutta CT50A 1 ea.

Shimano Chronarch CH50Mg 1 ea.
Instead of telling God how big your storm is tell the storm how big your God is!

OFxCoyote

Where to start....

Baitcasters

2-Quantum Tour Burners
1-Quantum Energy
1-Shimano Curado
Had a junk Diawa Viento (never again)

Spinning

3- Shimano Stradic 4000's
2-Shimano Stradic 2500

I'm looking at adding another Stradic 2500 and at least one more Quantum Tour this year.
If you ain't gettin' snagged then you ain't fishing hard enough

BIG PAPA

About 10 cu200's  (greenies)
3 Cu 100's
3 Citica D's
3 calcutta 200's
2 quantum pt's
2 BPS reels
1 old spinning reel for bream fishing. Don't really have any need for 1 Bass fishing. If I want to go light I just use a light rod and light line, the Curado 100's are all super free and cast 1/16 oz. baits pretty good.
Lots of older abu's from years ago 5500'c 4500'c 3600c. 4000
2 BB1"s
Cardinal Baitcaster
and a few I can't remember the name of
Fished many years with 2 rods in the boat, 1 for worms and 1 for cranks and spinnerbaits and tops, cannot imigine going back to that.

fla bass master

I dont fish with but one spinning reels its a Daiwa TD-ITO I really dont like Spinning reels because I have bait casters that can handle super light rigs and im far better with BC reels.. all my BC reels are in my Signature lol there my babys.
my rigs are all Daiwas here they are, 5 Steez, 13 zillions, 4 zillion HLCs, 1 zillion PE, 6 2004 TD-Z type R's, 6 TD-ITO's with ZPI sic bearings MG spools and swept carbon handles! 4 super tuned Pixys 9 ST TD-X's All reel have Sic bearings on spool & ZPI MG spools all on Carrot stix and Steez rods fish from a 2008 Nitro Z-9 Merc 250XS OPTI Powered

bassfisherman1994

1 Spinning Reel. I might get another tomorrow though
;PEP) ;PEP) i like pepsi

Redneck For Life

~bassfisherman1994

goodrat79

Quote from: OutdoorFrontiers on April 05, 2009, 06:52:56 PM
And your point is what?  Someone asked and people are answering.  Fishing with a couple rods and reels works for you, others think differently.

I would rather have multiple rods and reels set up for different presentations, readily available than to cut and retie.  Plus, I have the knowledge that if I'm fishing and a rod breaks or a reel malfunctions, my fishing day isn't ended.

Steve

Steve
Your right and I'm sorry.  Its no real excuse but I'm going through some hard times with my family.  I've realised what I said wasnt very nice.  Its just the fish aren't going anywhere. when I'm on the water I have all the time in the world to change up.  I'm usually trying to get away from everything.  And I've always felt comfortable on the water.  Fishing is out of season where I live so this is as close as I can get.  I've never been much of a people person,  but I was just looking for people that share my passions.  It was just a little jarring seeing how much people spend on just rods and reels.  My reels are not cheap.  So I can only afford a couple, but it works for me.  I still have an old mitchell from the seventies that my grandpa gave me that still works like it just came out of the box.  You know,  If its gonna break doesn't it seem like you bought one too many reels?

OutdoorFrontiers

Your right and I'm sorry.  Its no real excuse but I'm going through some hard times with my family.  I've realised what I said wasnt very nice. 

That's all right, everyone has a bad day once in a while.  I hope things get better for you soon.

Its just the fish aren't going anywhere. when I'm on the water I have all the time in the world to change up.

Yes, and no.  If you have a bass swipe at a spinnerbait or buzzbait and miss, it's great to pick up a rod with a throwback bait like a fluke or a stickbait, chances are you'll get the fish.  If you have to cut/retie, then your chances have gone to zero.  Plus, I fish a lot of muskies, so having another rod with a different bait rigged is important if you want to catch one.

I'm usually trying to get away from everything.  And I've always felt comfortable on the water. 

Me too, and I'm sure if you poll just about everyone on this site, you'll find they give the same answer.

Fishing is out of season where I live so this is as close as I can get.

I live in northeastern Wisconsin.  Ice just went out on the local lakes within the past week, and fishing season doesn't open until the first Saturday in May, so I feel your pain.

I've never been much of a people person,  but I was just looking for people that share my passions.

You've found a great site for that.  The people hanging out here are very passionate about bass fishing.

It was just a little jarring seeing how much people spend on just rods and reels.

LOL, it's a little jarring to me too, but the equipment I have is the result of years of accumulation, as I'm sure it is for many of the others here too.  But then again, it's "jarring" to see how much people are willing to spend for whatever recreational pasttime they pick up.  I know one guy that thought nothing of spending $50,000.00 on a rifle, then book a $100,000.00 hunting trip!  But that's the nature of the world.  I'm sure there are some people out there that watch you fish and think "Jeez, that guy has two rods!  What on earth for?  He can only fish one at a time!"

My reels are not cheap.  So I can only afford a couple, but it works for me.  I still have an old mitchell from the seventies that my grandpa gave me that still works like it just came out of the box.

That's great!  You have what is best for you in your current situation.  I wish I still had some of the equipment my father had.  To have something from your grandfather that you can still fish is truly special.  I envy you.

You know,  If its gonna break doesn't it seem like you bought one too many reels?

Not really.  I fish a lot usually.  That puts a lot of wear and tear on my equipment and like anything mechanical, if it gets worn, it's subject to breaking.  I've worn out many level wind pawls, had bearings/bushing deteriorate, bail springs break, all kinds of mechanical failures.  I have (or friend/clients have) stepped on a rod, either breaking the rod or a guide, now that rod is unusable until its replaced or repaired.  By havingmore than a couple rods and reels in the boat, I can continue to fish and enjoy the day.

And besides, a guy can never have too many rods and reels.... ~bb

Have a better day....

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

Baron49

Steve, very well said.... ~c~

Goodrat79,

I think if you give people here half a chance you will find most are more then willing to help no matter what the situation is.  Kick back, relax, and enjoy what you do have and remember there are good people here to offer help and advise if you need it.

Baron

Jackster

I have 7 bait casters and 4 spinning rods but I only use my bait casters. The spinning rods are for when I take someone fishing that dont have any rods of their own. I like taking 6 casters with me and rigging them up all differently so I spend less time on the water changing lures and more time actually trying to catch fish. Though sometimes I still have to change a rig or two or three depending on the situations that transpire. I usually have a worm rig, jig rig, top water rig, couple of crank baits(my personal favorite bait) and a spinner bait or two.

Baitcasters
Bass Pro Extreme combo
Rick Clunn signature series combo
Ball Dance signature series combo
(2) Bass Pro graphite series rods with Bass Pro reels
one more Bass Pro combo I just bought this year and cant remember which one

My seventh baitcaster is a 7' Bass Pro Bionic Blade with an Abu Garcia reel I use primarily for Rock fishing in the Chesapeake Bay and Susky flats.

Marc132

only been fishing for about a year now solidly but here is what I got so far.
Baitcasters
3 curado E7's
2 BPS extreme reels
Just sold an older style grey Bps Extreme reel with a older KVD reel.

Carrot stik for texas rig/ whatever is needed
KVD 7' rod
Jusr ordered a new 7'6" carrot stik for flippin and pitchin (can't wait)
a shimano crucial 6'6 i think for spinnerbaits
Falcon weightless worm rod  (Very awesome)

I love the carrot stiks because of the backbone they have..  very strong rods!
the crucial  and falcon rods are comfortable to throw for longer periods of time, to me anyway.

I also have one spinning set up
a ugly stick rod which I just modified (ill start a new post) paired with a Penn reel.  nice but doesnt get used to  much other than to throw some flukes threw the grassy stuff with 50lb braid from power pro.

goodrat79

goodrat79

Then in that case I have;

Baitcast
   Quantum energy
   BPS David Fritts Signature Series
   Pinnacle Platinum Plus

Spinning
   Quantum energy
   Abu Garcia Cardinal 702
   Abu Garcia Bass Tour Series
   Pflueger President
   An old Mitchell 302(left hand)

6lbsonthesurface

i now a days only use my bait casters, i like the flugar president for spinning and the revo stx for casting

goodrat79

My wife liked the pres so much she took it as her own lol.  I have to ask to use it anymore.  other than that I really like my energys.

GRIZZZ

These are my favorites

Baitcasting
2 Curado 300 for Swimbaits on St. Croix 7'11"
2 Curado 200 for Bass on St. Croix 7'

Spinning
2 Shimano Stradic 2500 for Bass on St. Croix Tidemaster 7'
2 Shimano Stradic 1000 for Trout and Bass on St. Croix Legend Elite 6'6"

bassackwards

Casting
1 Revo SX
1 Revo Winch
2 Citicas
1 BPS Extreme
1 Calcutta 200B
1 Calcutta 100
Spinning
1 Shimano Sedona 1000
Tungsten and Trokars. Going broke one breakoff at a time.

Bassin_Around

2 Diawa sweepfires
1 Quantum inferno
1 Copperhead
1 Quantum micro

casting
1 Quantum EX500
1 BPS Bionic plus
1 Quantum Iron

Chevy572bb

Mitchell Avocet ul
Pfleuger Trion ul
Abu Garcia Cardinal 100
Abu Garcia Revo SX

Bassmaster2u2

i purchased an old zebco 33 and would like to know how old it might be. Could someone please help? Thanks

Nomad

:o

I don't feel so bad now, after reading all the reels other guys have   lo

Baitcasting

Daiwa Sol
Shimano Core 100MG
Shimano Calais 200A (my favorite, casts like a dream)
Abu Garcia Revo Premier
Quantum Energy PT

Spinning

2 US Reels (240X models)
Shimano Stradic
Abu Garcia Soron
Shimano Symetre

And I just ordered a Shimano Curado from Overstock Bait & Tackle  ;D

Band1t

5 CURADO 200E7's....I USE EM FOR FRESH AND SALTWATER

von

Like a lot the other guys, use to be all spinning gear. Till I learned the baitcaster...and it got a little out of hand.

Casting:
3 Daiwa Advantage HSTA
1 Fuego
1 Millionaire 300
2 TD-X
2 TDZ
1 Citica 200D
2 Bantam Curado 200
1 Metanium XT
2 Accurist PT

Spinning:
Symetre 2500
Regal Xi-a 2500

MaumeeBasser

::Baitcasters::
Shimano Curado 200E5 (1)
Shimano Curado 200E7 (2) soon to be 3
Shimano Citica 200E (2)
Shimano Chronarch 50mg (2)
BPS Pro Qualifier (2)

::Spinning Reels::
Shimano Sustain 2500 FE (2)
Shimano Symetre 2500 (2) 1500 (1)
Shimano Saros 2500 (1)
Shimano Sahara 2500 (2) Ultralite Version (1)
Diawa Fuego (1)

AAav8or

9 Baitcasters:
A Shimano Calcutta TE 400  (My main Musky reel)
4  Shimano Calcutta CT250B's
2 Shimano Curados
2 Shimano Citica's
~beer~