Lunker/Catch Photos

Started by snapshotmd, April 30, 2009, 08:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapshotmd

Does anyone have the new club logo in a computer file?  This morning's post about the photos got me thinking.  If we could design our own backdrop it would make a great photo.  I'm thinking it would look like those B.A.S.S. award photos with the curtain and B.A.S.S./sponsor logos in the background.  I could bring some other stuff to improve the lighting.

If you could get me the logo, I'll work on it and present it at the next meeting.

tdt91

What new club logo are you talking about?
Original Rat

HammytheFisherman

Have we even decided on whether or not we were going to alter the existing logo? I know a couple people had done some hand drawings of new ideas.

One could so something as easy as a baseball jersey logo "River Ratz" written out with the tail of the last "s" coming back under the name. Kind of like you see in the "Orioles" logo when written out. Then you could easily implement a bass jumping out of water behind that... something simple like that is always an idea.  :-\

-Team Outcast

snapshotmd

I thought I heard y'all talking about a new logo, a rat with a bass in its mouth, at the March meeting.  Putting it on a club shirt?  Or something like that?
I kinda figured that if we printed the club logo and the B.A.S.S. logo onto those iron on sheets and put it on a sheet of material of some sort, from JoAnn Fabrics.  That's probably too much, and over the top.
We could just simply find some place with an nice background, i.e. trees, or the angler's boat.  I just thought having the logo in the background would be a nice touch, but might be complicating things.  The pic with Bill A definitely needed fill flash, or at least move Bill to another spot.

I just thought of something.  At the open tx, maybe we could sell photos of anglers with their catches?  If we brought a photo printer with us and the backdrop I was talking about?   Not sure about what the turnout to our tx, or the pricepoint for the photos.  Would you pay $5 to $10 for something like that?

tdt91

A new logo idea has been nixed. We were talking about shirts with our club name on it and a pic of a bass jumping out of water or something. No Logo change. Bill A. and I looked at bass Pro Shops and found reasonable shirts but it the stiching that will kill ya. I think we gonna have to look at other options.

Not sure selling pics to paying competitors is what we want to do. We have e-mailed them to our competitor friends in years past. We also post pictures on the website. I like your thinking about making money for the club though. Remember guys, see if you can get a sponser to give us a give away.
Original Rat

crankin 4 bass

New Logo ;) ;) ~shade ~shhh  That battle was fought and lost.  Next Topic :) ;D
Team Outcast Bass Club -www.facebook.com/teamoutcast

HammytheFisherman

I still like a club jersey idea... but thats just me. lo

Moving on.  ~bb
-Team Outcast

snapshotmd

QuoteA new logo idea has been nixed. We were talking about shirts with our club name on it and a pic of a bass jumping out of water or something. No Logo change. Bill A. and I looked at bass Pro Shops and found reasonable shirts but it the stiching that will kill ya. I think we gonna have to look at other options.

To keep the cost low, I think printed shirts are the way to go.  There's a site that allows us to custom order printed clothing.

http://www.cafepress.com/

What we need to do is come up with some design in JPG format and upload it to their site.  From there we could either order shirts for everyone, or set up an "online shop" so that each could order their own shirts.  The site is flexible enough so that you could design caps, sweatshirts, hoodies, mugs, mousepads (or in our case rat pads), etc.

crankin 4 bass

Quote from: tdt91 on April 30, 2009, 08:06:36 PM
A new logo idea has been nixed.

Well I don't want to start trouble, but I am getting the feeling from some of the members that this issue may have to be looked into again at the end of the season.

tdt91

Original Rat

crankin 4 bass

Hey.    ~b~ It's not a dictatorship.  If others want to discuss it then it can be dealt with at the appropriate time. ~sun ~c~ 

Trainer52

Everything can always be discussed and talked out... The pro's and the cons to it... If you want too discuss something bring it up at the meeting... make sure you can explain your position in the matter and if theres enough interest everything can always be brought too a vote... Now go stick fish!!  ~cf

HammytheFisherman

Trainer is right. We have a "new business" part of the meetings for such discussions. Whether for or against it we all should have the opportunity to voice opinions as to why we agree or disagree.

No need for feathers to get ruffled over constructive criticism or new ideas being produced by members (new or old). ~shade The point of the club is to fish as a group and grow as a group of close friends who enjoy the same hobby. Whatever the new idea or suggestions are... they should be looked at with an open mind. ;)

Speaking of which... did we set a date for the next meeting? I don't recall talking about it at the Potomac, but then again it wasn't the best day for me. lo ^-^
-Team Outcast