Rod Sleeves/Jackets

Started by Dug, June 30, 2009, 12:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dug

Guys you can make your own custom length Rod Sleeves, Stick Jackets etc.  Simply order on ebay or some other website (search for expandable Sleeving)   You can find this is many materials including carbon fiber and kevlar, stainless steel, etc.... Look for the heavy PET material, as I believe it works best.  The size you are looking for for casting rods is 1 1/2"    Which has a range of 1" - 2 1/2" Small enough to tighten up on your rod, but wide enough to slip off when you push it.   For a spinning rod you may want a 2"   1 1/2" - 3 1/2" size.      This comes in several more colors that the Stick Jackets offer

and you can cut to length.   Shop around though, you may end up paying more than you need to.  Of course you can buy them already made, and their great for keeping your rods together, but for about the same amount of money you can make them to your own custom length.   

Dug

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

fishin geek

Awesome info!  But, are you sure there are enough rods in the box?   ~roflmao

Dug

Quote from: fishin geek on June 30, 2009, 12:53:01 PM
Awesome info!  But, are you sure there are enough rods in the box?   ~roflmao

Not my box, but imho nope, never enough!

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Bassinkorea

As you know Dug, I am all for the DIY approach  ;D  thanks for posting  :-* ~c~ ~c~

BTW Dug, maybe it's my crappy connection, but your first photo is just a X  :(
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

larrylargemouth

Clever idea! You can even color code your rods. ~c~

Ray Emory

Thanks for the info, great idea  ~c~
.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

tsmith35

Quote from: Bassinkorea on July 01, 2009, 02:56:32 AMBTW Dug, maybe it's my crappy connection, but your first photo is just a X  :(

I think the site hosting the photo blocks external image references and external links to their images. You can copy/paste this URL to see the photo though:
http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/images/braidedsleeving/coloredsleeving.jpg

Dug

Another addition to this, which I plan on finishing up tonight is to add grommets to the top so you can "hang" your rods off pegs or hooks.

Also the size for casting rods should be 1 1/4 not 1 1/2.... Sorry about that.

Dug

iClass

You have my vote Dug!  This is a great tip.  I have seen these things in the store for over 20 bucks a pop (maybe even more - not sure) Couldn't find all the cool colors on Ebay right now but did find some at a few dealers. Thanks for the idea!