Your favorite brand?

Started by Bassboss, August 03, 2009, 06:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

Shimano here!!  I have tried other brands and liked them also, But  parts and service are easier to find for shimano's than anything else.  ~c~

Bassboss

Cool guys!

I'm actually surprised how many like Quantums, I've only used one low end quantum before, so I can't really say. But every other forum I've been on, people seem not to like the Quantums. I really like to the look of the pt energies. And my local tackle shop has than on sale for 127. It's VERY tempting to get one rather than getting an Daiwa HSTA for the same price. I'm stumped?!  ~b~ 
Total bass of 2009: 176/ biggest bass of '09: 6.27 lbs (2 of that weight)/bass over 5lbs: 7

Pablo4x4

I currently have 2 revos (3rd is on it´s way) and 1 shimano Stradic. I just like both brands, both have worked perfectly, but I need to vote for Abu Garcia. The STX it´s just beautifull.
I got that 4 pounder!! 5 is next!

PB = 4 Lbs thanks to board judges!!

fishen4bass

I like the Diawa Zillion first the Shimano Core next, don't use Abu's and will never buy another Quantum (PT) ~xyz
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!

North Branch

Shimano reels and St. Croix rods here.

Although, I also have a Pflueger Supreme reel that is a pretty darn nice reel for the price.

bassn1

Quantum!! Excellent all around reel. Awesome price. PT's are quality one.

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

gerry387

Pflueger reels for me. Due to the fact, good price and quality for my budget. As for rods, have been using BPS Bionic Blades for quite awhile. I am now trying St. Croix rods. Bought two Premier, one spinning and one casting. So far I really like them. Plan on getting a couple more.

Gerry

Nomad

Overall, I'm going with Shimano.  My Shimano Calais casts smooth, far, with no overruns and all this with little adjustment/tuning.  I love it.  Next, my Daiwa Sol is great for casting very light lures, once I got it properly adjusted.  My least favorite is the Quantum Energy PT I have...no matter how I adjust it, what type/size line or what size lures I use, it just won't cast as well as my Calais, Revo Premier or Curada.  Not even close.  But, it's currently also the reel I'm using the most because well, I want to make sure it's not me that's the problem  ;D

ares

I like Garcia. Been using them forever. Shimano number 2.

J B

If you would have asked me a few years ago I would have said Daiwa but she's not what she use to be.ABU Garcia gets my vote now.My new Revos have the best drags of any reel I have ever owned.

Zspider

Pflueger reels/St. Croix rods. I've had problems with Diawa, Shimano & Quantum.
SPONSORS:

St. Croix Rods
Matzuo America
Venom Baits
Mega Strike
Bassfury

goodrat79

Quote from: Bassboss on August 11, 2009, 04:41:24 PM
Cool guys!

I'm actually surprised how many like Quantums, I've only used one low end quantum before, so I can't really say. But every other forum I've been on, people seem not to like the Quantums. I really like to the look of the pt energies. And my local tackle shop has than on sale for 127. It's VERY tempting to get one rather than getting an Daiwa HSTA for the same price. I'm stumped?!  ~b~ 
Awesome!!! You should try it out.  I got mine on ebay for 110.  Its the easiest reel I've ever used.  And by far the coolest looking.  Quantum is my favorite.

Bass_dude