Legend Boats

Started by Railroader, October 20, 2005, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railroader

I'm sure this is not the place but: I just wanted to say something about the people at Legend, I got a call from them wednesday and we talked about boats and the shootout we had. and i thought how cool that was that he took the time to call and answer any questions i had.. now I've had my nitro for almost 2 yrs and not once has Tracker boats (BPS) called to see if i like my boat or if i had any questions. but someone that i have never done business with called and answered all my questions about there boat and prices. i think its people like that i want to do business with... LEGEND BOATS... will be my next boat.. sorry if this is in the wrong place..

Mike Cork

That is awesome Railroader, Legend boats is a great company with awesome folks working and running it. I agree that they are top notch folks that try to maintain contry store attitude, it is personal relations that make the difference ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Chris

I will agree with you guys wholeheartedly. I love the folks at Legend ...Only reason I didnt get one already is because of some pesky credit cards that need to be paid off. Im gonna let Mike get his first and then Im going to get the next bigger sized motor just so I can beat him if I need to... ~roflmao ~roflmao

Mike Cork

:roll2: Hey I think that is awesome, I can't wait until you get to smoke me on the water, as long as it is in a legend all is good ;)

Cork's Reel Service

Chris

Knowing you Mike , You will have a 225 and I could get a 300 and somehow you would still find a way to beat me......... :roll2: :roll2:

In all seriousness... Im working very hard to get to the point where I can place my order on one of the Legends. Im sending a crew of five guys to work in New Orleans Sunday evening for a 4 month job.Lets hope Daddy can make some more $$$$$$$.

Mike Cork

Well we have our fingers crossed for you. Can't wait to see you in that new ride :-*

Cork's Reel Service

OHbassaholic

Man, I hear ya on that direct customer service.  I checked out their site and ordered a catalog.  Someone from Legend called the house the other day just to see if I had any questions.  Unfortunately, I was at work at the time but the wife took some notes so I can get back with them to get questions answered. 
I'll tell you what, if someone can impress my wife in only one phone call, I know they are someone that can be trusted.  If I had listened to her over the years I could have saved myself a lot of money and distress in business dealings.

Phil Carver

Could you just imagine a 18'6" boat with a 200 on the back ? What a ride that would be ! One of the fastest boats on the lake !
Phil Carver
www.TEAMBASSXTREME.COM
WWW.TNTSERIES.COM

Mike Noble

Wow...so many folks thinking Legend.  There will be 2 here soon...hopefully.  ~c~
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Lipripper

All right so we might have some fishing Legends comeing to the Ralley   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Fishaholic

Has anyone written a thank you note to the people from Legend for their help with the site yet?

If I had the money I'd buy one, but maybe Mike will give me some boat time in his!  :-*

Mike Cork

Fishaholic, we thank them at least weekly :-* but a thank you letter or email from the family here would go over extremely well ;)

And definately I will gladly take you out at the ralley :-*

Cork's Reel Service

Kal-Kevin

Mike do you have their e-mail adddress and who to send it to?

Mike Noble

Kal...the website is linked on the main site.  The website is www.ridewithalegend.com.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

CouchTater

I got my Legend catalog yesteday in the mail.  Let me tell you, if I hadn't just bought this house, I'd definately have one that looked like this one...

I really like that color.

WOOOHOOO, maybe in a couple years...  ;)

Tater
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

OHbassaholic

Rec'd my catalog yesterday too.  Very nice looking boats.  I'll check now to see if there are any distributors in Ohio where I can get an up close and personal look at some.  I sure do like the layouts these bass boats have and they have a good beam as well.

OHbassaholic

Holy cow!  Have you seen the color options available?!  I foresee a ton of future decisions when it comes time to purchase...  WOW!!!

Mike Noble

Their paint guy is awesome.  The "fade" jobs are incredible.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

mitchell

Got to ask...What makes a legend boat worth that much money. I liked the one at the shootout but whats your reasoning for a boat like that. This is not a put down or anything like that...just woundering what drives someone to buy a boat like these. Hopefully i'll be in a spot to buy one like that later in life.

Mitch
Take a kid fishing, the smiles are priceless!!!

http://www.carolinabaits.com

Mike Cork

When you say that much money, you must realize that when it comes to 20 foot boats Legend boats are quite a bit cheaper than your top three (Ranger, Skeeter, Triton) when I say quite a bit cheaper we are talking 10's of thousands of dollars depending on which one you want to compare too. Next the ride is awesome, the cornering is as good as my cobra (which I feel is the best cornering boat out there [you don't have to trim down to take a corner]) and the boat comes standard with all the features that you have to add on to the other boats like Nitro and Champion.

Legend boats are a complete package at and excellent price :-*

Cork's Reel Service

mitchell

Well that makes sence and really sounds like a good deal. And again I was just asking for knowledge...Thanks for the lesson.

Mitch
Take a kid fishing, the smiles are priceless!!!

http://www.carolinabaits.com

Mike Noble

I priced the 911CDC Nitro at the Bass Pro Shop about a month ago.  It is marked down about $9,000 (I think) since is a 2005.  But once I added stuff to it...like hot foot, bigger trolling motor, depth finders (graphs) since it only came with flashers on the console and up front, and a few other things...the price was at about $42,500.  So even with the big 'mark down', it still is expensive.  And the salesman said he priced out that 911 CDC for 2006 models and it would START at $46,000.

So, the Legend is NOT overpriced and they put the top of the line equipment on it to begin with so you don't have to start adding on.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

bassadict69

I didn't realize they were that much less expensive. From what I saw of the demo boat, if you can get that kind of attention to detail for less, that speaks for itself!

I also like the fact that it isn't a mass produced boat & that they take the time to put every one in the water before delivery, & check everything. The major manufacturers are more concerned with how many they can push off the line & how fast they can do it.

Man! I wish I wasn't still so far upside down in my Pro Gator!  :'(

Mike Noble

Another price example...a friend/neighbor of Rickoos, down in Church Point...bought a new skeeter with a 300 hp motor earlier this year...paid $63,000.  :shocking:
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

bassadict69

Quote from: Mike Noble on October 26, 2005, 10:37:46 AM
Another price example...a friend/neighbor of Rickoos, down in Church Point...bought a new skeeter with a 300 hp motor earlier this year...paid $63,000.  :shocking:

For that price, it better automatically locate the fish, go straight to them & tell him exactly what & where to cast!

$63,000...Man that is CRAZY!