Dean ?

Started by TomG, February 12, 2010, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean

Yeah, I know what you mean... my goal is to not fish more than 30 minutes anywhere no matter how we get bit.  If someone sees you spend a lot of time on a spot, especially offshore stuff, they want to know what is there.  Surprisingly, not everyone has mapping cards yet???

Anyway, if you guys didn't win so much out there, you wouldn't have a target painted on your boats!  lo  Cal, and I on the other hand are pretty low key guys and no one watches where we catch our 20# bags   ;D

TomG

I guess we will see you and Cal out there in the next couple weeks.

Mike,
I thought you gave up............. ~cf , haven't heard from you in a long time........what gives???  and don't tell me work..

JonBoatMike

I never gave up!  I'm too competitive for that.  It just seem's like I can never put together a good day in these Cali tournaments and I just hate throwing away over $100 to fish the ABA.  You & Stan are welcome to give me a call some weekend and I'll take you out fishin in the Champ, just not at Cachuma. 

Where's a good place close by to get my boat serviced (mercury)?

TomG

No idea on the Merc as I don't have that motor.  I may give you a call, I wouldn't mind hitting Lopez sometime since my boat will pretty much stay tagged for Cachuma throughout the rest of the trny season.  So are you and Chris doing the Tri-valley at Cachuma on the 27th?

Dean

Mike, 

I've been taking mine to VS marine in Atascadero for warranty stuff.  I don't know what their rates are like, but they are good guys to deal with, and do merc warranty service.

The number there is 805-466-9058.  JB McDonald is the service guy I dealt with.

JonBoatMike

Thanks Dean, I'll give them a call. 

It's really weird, my motor acts like its starving for fuel at idle and will die when I put in forward unless I trim it up past halfway, then it start & runs just fine.  It's not a huge deal, but it gets annoying really quick...

Tom,
Yep we'll be there on the 27th.  I think the plan is to pre-fish this Sunday.  How about you & Stan?

TomG

Yea, we plan on doing Tri-Valley and we have ABA on the 20th out there.

calincalif50

Guess we'll all be there.  I was planning on going this Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, then again the week before the 27th.  now I'm not sure if I can afford to go all those days as I just forked out $551 on a replacement water pump, hoses, labor.  That cut into my fishing budget big time.  Will have to wait and see.  I definitely can't go thursday, will have to wait closer to next payday

TomG

Mike,
Are you fishing Tri-Valley out of your boat or are you guys fishing out of Chris's boat?

JonBoatMike

skeeterchris

Mike if you want to use your boat we can. I will break the Cachuma tag and never go back,,,,

JonBoatMike

I like the "never go back" part, fishin at Cachuma sucks azz!  Tom & Stan you guys are my Idol, I don't have the patience for it...   ~xyz ~rant ^-^ >:(

TomG

Cachuma has been tough for us this week also.  Last week prior to the Anglers Choice trny we were each catching about 15lbs of fish a day.  Not so this week they are in a funk and it has been very tough.

skeeterchris

I'm going to fish Sat during the tourney and see how things go.

Stan

That's our plan too!
Stan

skeeterchris

I thought you were fishing the tourney....

skeeterchris

What was the winning weights from Sat?

calincalif50

Dean and I with 12.94, second big bass tie @ 3.88, BB 4.??

skeeterchris

Are you guys fishing Tri-Valley?

Dean

Don't think this one.  We're planning to spend some time at Lopez before our next ABA.  Give me a call... I can fill you in on your/our first stop.   lo   That place was a zoo, but lots of guys fishing too fast I guess.

757-6184

TomG

Dean,

That photo you posted on centralcoastbass of that squaw fish was that from last year?

Dean

yeah, or the year before?  I think the worst I caught last year was a 6 lb drum at Pickwick.  That'll raise your blood pressure when you set the hook  lo

TomG

That was a pretty big squaw fish...............I think Stan has caught a few of those at Margarita also.  I have only caught one or two and they were small ones.