Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iaconelli  (Read 9040 times)

johnboattournamentman

• Smallmouth
Re: Iaconelli
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »

Question,   I used some Ambassadors and the worm gear on every single one would stop on the right side of the reel after 4 or 5 months. I would remove the worm gear and turn it around and it would work again for about 4 months......then the same thing. I tried them in the early 80s  then again in the early 90s with the same results. I fish several days a week. The shimanos(bantams,corsairs,citacas and curados) and  have always fished flawlessly for me. But I was trying a new brand that was just a small bit less expensive.
  I guess that my question is have others had this problem and why has ABU not corrected this?

Jared LeBlue

• Charter Member
  • LOCK JAW
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »

Every ABU I owned had the same problem. Most people think the worm gear is bad but most of the time it is just the pawl. If you change the pawl out and get the same results then it's time for a worm gear. When I fished with ABU i always kept extra pawls in the boat.
Ardent Prostaff

J B

• Lunker
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 04:52:22 AM »

With any baitcaster you have to keep the worm gear clean.I check the worm gears often and carry Q-tips and real butter oil in the boat.Debree can clog up a worm gear fast and if not cleaned can cause worm gear failure.I have never had a worm gear go bad on my Revos yet.I did have worm gear problems in the old days with the round reels.
Hooked on Fishin TV
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1533396698

Baron49

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 08:44:40 AM »

Been an Abu Garcia fan for over 40 years, used the round reels, XLT's, Revos and many others.  As long as you keep the reels clean and oiled they continue to work forever.  I have an old black 6000C that is at least 30 years old and have done nothing but clean it.  Have never needed to replace a single part in this reel and use it for Striper and Musky fishing to this day.  My wife is still using my 1980 XLT plus' that I use heavily while fishing the tournament circut.  The C3 and C4 series were not built as well as the newer Revos, but these reels kick butt and with reasonable care will last for years.  As far as your problem with the worm gear.  With the dozens of Abu Garcia reels I have owned have never had a worm gear go bad and only have had one pawl that needed replacing.  The only thing I have seen that has needed replacing is the drag washers in the C3 and C4 series reels and even that was rare if I took good care of the reel.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »

WHY WOULD YOU COMPARE ME TO A RABID TERRORIST?
Thats much funnier than any ball breaking I have done on the net in years ~roflmao
If someone takes time to prove a point you do not agree with , then you compare them to a person who planted bombs and killed and maimed folks? I am glad I never had to turn down a loan for you, you might link my name with Mike Vick or even worse Richard Nixon, now that would be worth fighting over :o

BK, is it really fair to label Ted as a RABID terrorist?  Terrorist I can go along with...but RABID? 

As to the sophisticated HUSTLE?  Ever watch all those ads on TV for various drugs?  How about the old Wonder bread:  '...builds strong bodies 9 different ways...'

Marketing and Sales have always been about 'selling the sizzle' not the steak...

johnboattournamentman

• Smallmouth
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »

Been an Abu Garcia fan for over 40 years, used the round reels, XLT's, Revos and many others.  As long as you keep the reels clean and oiled they continue to work forever.  I have an old black 6000C that is at least 30 years old and have done nothing but clean it.  Have never needed to replace a single part in this reel and use it for Striper and Musky fishing to this day.  My wife is still using my 1980 XLT plus' that I use heavily while fishing the tournament circut.  The C3 and C4 series were not built as well as the newer Revos, but these reels kick butt and with reasonable care will last for years.  As far as your problem with the worm gear.  With the dozens of Abu Garcia reels I have owned have never had a worm gear go bad and only have had one pawl that needed replacing.  The only thing I have seen that has needed replacing is the drag washers in the C3 and C4 series reels and even that was rare if I took good care of the reel.

I always keep my reels in the best shape possible. I clean them about once every two months. I was just wondering because of my experiences and another friend has the same thing happen. Thanks for the imput.

pawpaw

• Ultimate Basser
  • Flat,Texas
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 04:08:29 PM »

BK, is it really fair to label Ted as a RABID terrorist?  Terrorist I can go along with...but RABID? 

As to the sophisticated HUSTLE?  Ever watch all those ads on TV for various drugs?  How about the old Wonder bread:  '...builds strong bodies 9 different ways...'

Marketing and Sales have always been about 'selling the sizzle' not the steak...
Damn, that BKBasser hasn't been on here in 3 months and is still keeping things stirred up. ~roflmao
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

biglunkerberry

• Smallmouth
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2010, 07:00:10 AM »

guys, i wanna know how you guys went from someone asking about Ike's new rods to arguing about buying what the pros use. it was a harmless question. you guys are stupid for evening arguing.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 08:49:24 AM »

Damn, that BKBasser hasn't been on here in 3 months and is still keeping things stirred up. ~roflmao

it may not be completely apparent, but I appreciate BK's humor, wit and dripping sarcasm...  seriously...
we're all here not only for info...but entertainment...

pawpaw

• Ultimate Basser
  • Flat,Texas
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »

it may not be completely apparent, but I appreciate BK's humor, wit and dripping sarcasm...  seriously...
we're all here not only for info...but entertainment...
I know Coldfront, it may not be apparent, but I did too.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 23 queries.