If you had to pick one rod to do it all, what would you pick? (Under 200$)

Started by PaulMc, February 10, 2024, 11:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulMc

If you had to pick one rod to do it all, what would you pick? (Under 200$)

Captsteve

Dobyn's Sierra 704

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Donald Garner

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

Hobious

I would go lighter.

I have sooo many catches on a Fury 733C.  I only have two left, since they keep breaking, but dang..I can't deny the sheer numbers on that rod.

Princeton_Man

I too would have to go with the Sierra 734C, but it would have to be the Sierra Micro 734C. Only because I'm still a fan of the micro guides. The Kayden 743C would be my first choice if not for the fact that I also prefer split grips.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Captsteve

Quote from: Princeton_Man on March 29, 2024, 10:09:41 AMI too would have to go with the Sierra 734C, but it would have to be the Sierra Micro 734C. Only because I'm still a fan of the micro guides. The Kayden 743C would be my first choice if not for the fact that I also prefer split grips.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

skidemn

I'm not sure what they mean by do all, because nothing does all. Something that would do the majority of my fishing, would probably be something like a three power spinning rod, like a Dobyn's DC733SF. I do a lot of finesse fishing, especially drop shots and free rigs, so normally I would use a two power, but the power gives me versatility to throw small, swimbaits and Senkos. I could even throw light spinnerbaits, jerkbaits and light topwater.

If I was more of a power fisherman, I would probably choose a Dobyn's DC734C. They give me the opportunity to fish pretty much all Texas rigs, light jigs, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, 5" swimbaits and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loomisguy

I can't join the Dobyns posse at every turn, Around here you would think they are the only rod made. Anyway, There's a bunch of good choices in that range. Pick out the 7ft - 7ft 3 Medium Heavy fast that fits you best.
The new Fenwicks are really good and the HMG will run you about $ 150. The Falcon Lowrider would be another solid choice.
You want to check out the used rods at American Legacy. You could find something like a Shimano Expride close to your budget. That rod is better or as good as anything in the $ 400 range.

Hobious

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"