CBC Team Tournament

Started by calincalif50, July 11, 2010, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calincalif50

Stan,
You and Tom doing the CBC Team trny.  Saw your finish a Lopez, sounded windy as usual

Stan

I don't know probably!  Yeah my day at lopez was not good. 21st boat out first spot taken by 8 out of the first 20 boats but i went in anyway and fished some spots no one was on and got 3 fish, finally after about 2.5-3 hrs got on my number one spot which had been giving up fish to the guy on it all morning, made my second cast and set the hook, busted my rod and hand lined a 6 to within 15 of the boat, the entire rod was still on the line and gave that fish the leverage to break loose.  Frustrated and throwing my favorite rod around the boat i tried to compose myself grabbed my back up rod and first cast 4lber.  of course dreading the loss of the previous fish i horsed this one in all the way to the net and broke it off avout 2 feet from the net.  I lost it and never got bit again.  My own fault, shoulda, coulda woulda!  Dang, 3 fish for 8.65lbs sad, sad, sad, if i had just got one of those fish i would have been in.  oh well next time!
Stan

calincalif50

Bummer for sure.

Probably won't do much trny fishing this coming year.  Need to redirect my priorities a little.  If I find a partner then maybe tri-valley

TomG

I need to redirect my priorities also......back to fishing that is.................. lo

Does anyone know if Chris has left already.  I looked him up on Global and it has him listed as Deployment Manager....didn't know if his assignment may have changed.

Mike are you still doing any fishing??

calincalif50

Stan,
was the water color green when you did the trny? 

WTF...ok who imported the blue green pea soup from Clear lake to Lopez.  Was out there Sunday and it is THICK in many places.   Don't think there is a part of the lake that isn't green.  Its either someone imported the stuff or a tanker full of instant pea soup dumped its contents into the lake.  WOW...its the greenest I've seen in yrs.

Did mange to catch fish, so not all is bad.  Total of 10 fish, three keepers going 6-7 pounds and the rest dinks.  All on drop shots, probably cause its green to within a couple of feet of the bottom.

Think I'll do some ocean fishing while it clears up, probably around Sept/Oct

Stan

It was just starting to turn green with small clumps of algae forming.  3 fish in the 6-7lb range thats awesome :o!
Stan

calincalif50

Only now I have to shampoo the carpets boat well.  That green stuff is wicked.  my spare tie is green and the trolling motor is worse than green, its more blue green. 

Sorry that was total weight for 3 fish, not each.  wish they were, only one was 2-3