Your combos?

Started by Sammy105, July 19, 2010, 06:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammy105

Now, I really don't want this thread to go in the wrong direct, but I'll start off by saying this!

I don't think it matters how much you spend on tackle. I don't think you really catch more fish on more expensive tackle, I used to use "low priced tackle" when I was younger and still caught loads of fish and still had a blast!

So here's my set ups so far:

Daiwa Viento/7' MH Kistler Micro Mg. Using this for worms and top waters, 15lb High Seas white lightning is on the reel.

Daiwa Fuego/ 6'6" MH Dimiki Dark Angel. I use this one for spinnerbaits, and have 17lb sufix seige on it.

Daiwa 50th Anniversary Zillion/Daiwa 7'6" H flipping rod. Obviously my flipping and pitching rod, Just spooled up with 65lb spiderwire Ultra cast.

Pflueger Patriarch XT/ 7'3" MH Dobyns Champ Extreme, My lizard rod, Like the extra length because I find myself pitching with it as well as casting. 30lb Daiwa Samaria braid

Daiwa Zillion - 7.1:1/Daiwa Ike signature series 7'2" H rod. Use it for Frogging, it has the same 65lb braid as is on my Flipping rod

Abu Garcia Revo Winch/Abu Garcia Vendetta 7' M rod. Cranking set up, 12lb seaguar AbrazX

Team Daiwa HSTA/Falcon Bucoo 7' M. Lipless crankbait combo with 30lb Daiwa Samaria braid.

I've pretty much got about everything covered as far a technique specific rods go, I could use c-rig, and top water only rod, but I'm good for now!  ~fff

I've got all daiwa reels other than the Pflueger, and Garcia, but I've got to say, they are good reels as well! Still trying to find a rod brand that I like the best, but it's probably a tie between Daiwa and Dobyns. I may upgrade my frog rod to a Savvy sooner or later.

So what do you guys got!  ;)

*tap tap* "There she is!"

Sammy105

Woops! Almost forgot my spinning rod!  lo

That is a Daiwa Bradia/Falcon Cara T7, 8lb Seaguar InzivX. My do all finesse combo.

docav

i have 15 rod reel combos all are Duckett Fishing Micro Magic rods and all of them have Ardent Outdoors reels. i have 2 of the S2500 spinning reels, 2 C400 one of each speed, 1 F500 Flip/Pitch, 1 F700 Flip/Pitch Denny Brauer, 1 XS600 and the rest are XS1000. rods vary but all of them are at least 7' or longer. i just dont like shorter rods than 7'. doug 

smokey bear

I have 5 Curado's, 4 of them are on BPS Extremes, the other an All-Star.
I also have 4 Citicas, 2 of them are on BPS Extremes, the other 2 on Shimano Crucials.
I don't own any spinning reel combos.

Sammy105

Quote from: docav on July 19, 2010, 06:22:08 PM
i have 15 rod reel combos all are Duckett Fishing Micro Magic rods and all of them have Ardent Outdoors reels. i have 2 of the S2500 spinning reels, 2 C400 one of each speed, 1 F500 Flip/Pitch, 1 F700 Flip/Pitch Denny Brauer, 1 XS600 and the rest are XS1000. rods vary but all of them are at least 7' or longer. i just dont like shorter rods than 7'. doug

I've used a C400, and XS1000 before. They seem like nice reels, very smooth that's for sure, I've considered getting one a few times! :D

islandbass

Wow, very cool. I don't have enough combos to make a worthy post.  :'(
~roflmao
ARX - IB's Daughter on BC Reels:
"Papi! I like this reel. It is so much easier to use than the other one (the spinning reel) and it is more fun to use too." Now all I can say to that is this;
"That's my little girl!"

willthebad

Baitcasters:  I like to split my time between G Loomis GLX paired with Abu Garcia Revos and Kistler Magnesiums paired with Bass Pro Qualifiers.  Although I did pick up a BP Carbon Lite on a dare and I do have to say I am impressed with the sensitivity and the light weight of that rod.  Bass Pro did a good job on that one!!

Spinning:  I use the G Loomis GLX paired with Pflueger Presidents.

I will be buying the Duckett Fishing Rods from now on though.  My buddy has some and they are the REAL DEAL
"Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life" 
-Rev. 2:10
"Get the....wait we don't have a net?"

Baron49

Being an advocate of ..."you get what you pay for" most of the time and assuming you are speaking only of bass fishing tackle.  Have found overall St. Croix Avid's and Legends to be about the best for my applications.  Have 6 Legends and have them paired with Revo SX, Winch and Premier reels.  The 3 Avids have Revo SX and Revo S reels.  Also use American Rodsmiths for heavy jigging, tubes, and flipping, on those 5 rods use Revo Premiers and SX's.  Also acquired 2 swimbait rods from our UB staff rod expert George Roth.  Have a Revo Winch on one and the other a Revo Premier.

Not a big fan of spinning tackle, but do carry 2 St. Croix Avids for dropshotting and shaky head fishing, and 2 BPS rods for fishing soft stick baits and weightless worms.  Reels are Pflueger and BPS Pro Qualifier wide spools.

GermanKnight

Just listing my new setup

Going to buy wavespin, i think it will be very good with Floro(dont use many baitcasters i fish more clearwater than anything requiring very thin line)

Bought new Crucial 7' MH fast

300xe spooled with Seagures red label 6lbtest this line is absolutely fantastic and i recommend it to anyone looking for a good line with not strength as good or better than mono.

Next rod will be baught in a few weeks, will be a carbonlight basspro paired with a  revo s baitcaster. will be good for thicker floro since i totally converted. My friend recommended this combo, that or a Kistler micro magnesium. 
Denali custom rods.

-Joe-

I'm ashamed to say I really don't know exactly what I do have on what rod. Don't know if its old age or lack of time on the water lately. I do know the rod lockers hold 14 rods and 6 are double up so that would give me 20 in the boat I guess. ~b~ One is a Duckett Micro Magic, 2 Skeet Reese Wright and McGill, 2 Abu Vendettes, and the rest are mixed between C-stix and Shimano Cumaras. As far as reels, I do know the 2 Vendettas have the Revo STX on them, the Duckett has a Diawa Zillion, one of the Skeet reese has a Revo Skeet Reese on it and the other Reese rod has a Viente' on it. Then there's the C-stix and Cumaras loaded with Curado E5 & E7,2- Quantum Tour Edition, Pfueger Patriarch, Diawa HSTA, Diawa Fuego, another Diawa Vienta, Diawa Tierra,....there's a couple more but I honestly can't remember.
Oh and an Abu Sedona on an Abu Vendetta spinning rod thats never been cast...go figure.

Joe