You Pick

Started by YUMMER, September 21, 2010, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YUMMER

Pro Qualifier, BPS Extreme, Pflueger Cetina? any other high ratio (7+:0) opinions for around 100 or less.

Broskee

Pro qualifier Or revo S

Ron Fogelson

Never used the Pro Qualifier have had great luck with the longevity of the BPS Extreme lines, not the smoothest reel out there but takes a betting and keeps working for me, have had bad luck with Pflueger and doubt I'd ever buy another; think that's funny as I suspect the BPS reels are made by them  :-\

rawthumb

take a look at the bps jm limited edition for 100 bucks. i just got one and im getting another one this week. i can throw small crankbaits with no problem. when i casted it for the first time i think i had a smile for like an hour. got the carbonlite too, and thats a good reel also. lighter but not as smooth.

YUMMER

i was wondering about the carbonlite cause ilove the rod. i want good durable t rig reel with a high ratio

rawthumb

the rods are sweet to. the lightest ive had in my hand. i got the combo and have to say its my favorite setup. soooo light.

J.Davis

Abu Garcia makes Pflueger and BPS reels.  The company that owns Abu bought them out recently.  I would recommend the Daiwa Exceler high speed reel. These reels are invincible, I have two of them and don't plan on buying anymore unless I get the high-speed version.  I want to look at Revo's and the Curado for my new ones.  Of the three reels you listed, I would go with the PQ, I have nothing, but good things about those.

Dan1962

One other Option is to pick up a NEW Shimano  Citica 200E off ebay  for under $100  & order the 7.0:1 gear set for the Curado 200E7  and install in the Citica 200E   & you have a Citica 200E with 7.0:1 gears and you have the 6.3:1 gears if you ever want to go back to the lower gears

CoachKWJ

Pro Qualifier. Although I do have a couple of Extremes that are going on 5-6 years old and haven't had a problem with either. Watch for the Pro Qualifier to go on sale for around $80.00. I am.
Fishing should be fun-
Just like life.

Canesfan

Quote from: CoachKWJ on September 23, 2010, 12:09:19 PM
Pro Qualifier. Although I do have a couple of Extremes that are going on 5-6 years old and haven't had a problem with either. Watch for the Pro Qualifier to go on sale for around $80.00. I am.

I just got a new rod with a discount courtesy of one of our sponsors a couple of weeks ago.  Just sitting here twiddling my fingers waiting for the PQ to go on sale. HURRY UP, BPS !  >:(

pawpaw

You can buy them on ebay (new) for $89.00, if you just can't wait.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

Canesfan

Quote from: pawpaw on September 24, 2010, 12:45:27 PM
You can buy them on ebay (new) for $89.00, if you just can't wait.

I've seen that and wondered if they are "this year's" or last year's closeouts.  Considering I won't have to pay sales tax but will have to pay shipping, will still save a few bucks.  Am getting tempted.