Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: BPS Pro Qualifier ON SALE  (Read 8448 times)

sherm

• Smallmouth
BPS Pro Qualifier ON SALE
« on: October 13, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »

Just got the Christmas catalog, These are on sale for $69.94. I just ordered 2. Great price, their on sale until nov.13th,,,,,, I might need to get a couple more !
" My greatest fear is, when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I bought it for"

rawthumb

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: BPS Pro Qualifier ON SALE
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »

ya just saw that in the web. i like em but like the johnny morris and carbonlite better. but for that price cant go wrong.

CoachKWJ

• Smallmouth
  • Fish More. Laugh more. Live longer.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 07:22:31 AM »

Been waiting for this. Thanks for the heads up!
Fishing should be fun-
Just like life.

bassmedic46

• Largemouth
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »

Thank you for the heads up, Thinking of getting the xmass catalog.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

YUMMER

• Smallmouth
  • MAXIMOUS!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »

got one today and it had line on it. do all of them come with line??? if so what kind?

dave0943

• Smallmouth
  • Oldschool Bassman/ Fantasy teams
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

Congrats on the reel. Mine didn't come with line. I've bought several. What kind of line did it have on it? Was it in a box or as a combo? Interesting. maybe it was a special deal. I bought mine several months ago. You are gonna love it!
Dave

TREX

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
My guess on the line
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:03:28 PM »

is that they spooled it up to play with or let someone test out.

They will fill reels you buy if you ask them.   Seems like decent line. My buddy used it all year the 17# was smoke green

Canesfan

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »

I went to my local BPS to buy one and it wasn't the "Silver" colored one but rather  a sold dark color.  It had all the features and said "Pro Qualifier" and for $ 69.95 can't go wrong anyway.  I didn't ask about it though but it seems just fine.

dave0943

• Smallmouth
  • Oldschool Bassman/ Fantasy teams
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »

I just ordered 2 more. I bought both the lower gear ratio's. I now have all four. I ordered them online so I don't think I will get the line included. I should call and ask before they ship them. Maybe they will spool em for me. If not, I'm thrilled to get them for the 69.95. I spent 338.00 not including tax and shipping on 2 reels for four reels! Great ones at that. Can't go wrong. My first two are silver. I hope the 2 I just ordered are the same color. I'm gonna head to the Cabela's site and pick up two rods for the reels I just bought. I'm going to get 2 more Fish Eagle 11 rods. These rods are REALLY GOOD rods for 79.95 ea. I bought 2 earlier this year and I swear they are as good as my Mojo's. They are lite, have Fuji hardloy hardware and cast like a dream. They feel like my more expensive sticks. Try them!

gillrod2728

• Lunker
    • Rolling Hills Bass Masters
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »

Just got the Christmas catalog, These are on sale for $69.94. I just ordered 2. Great price, their on sale until nov.13th,,,,,, I might need to get a couple more !
First off thanks for the heads up on the sale I juts got a new one 3 weeks ago at normal price and I went back to Bass Pro and they gave me the 30 something dollar credit since they do price matches within 30 days. So I went back a couple days ago and got another one on sale in the 7.1.1 speed. Ended up paying 25 bucks for a brand new Pro Qualifier because I had the 30 dollar credit and 20 dollars in Bass pro points racked up great deal.
"Kistler Rods Team" "Eye Crossin Custom Lures"  "Fishwhittler Custom Lures" "Knawbone Jigs" "Big River Tackle"

gillrod2728

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »

Oh and by the way did all of you guys buy the pro qualifiers because there almost all sold out online and my store only had 7.1.1 left and cant get any more intill the website gets stocked up. lo lo
"Kistler Rods Team" "Eye Crossin Custom Lures"  "Fishwhittler Custom Lures" "Knawbone Jigs" "Big River Tackle"

J.Davis

• Smallmouth
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »

Stop telling everybody!!!!!  Haha jk...  lo

gillrod2728

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 04:57:57 PM »

No crap quit spreading the news lo lo

sherm

• Smallmouth
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 06:21:48 AM »

If you order now they will just put your order on backorder and not charge your card until it ships. You will still get the sales price even if it ships after Nov.13.
" My greatest fear is, when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I bought it for"

rawthumb

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »

gota thanks gilrod2728. you got me 30 bucks back. didnt even think of the price match. sent em an email yesterday and they said they would refund the difference to my card. time to buy a couple more crankbaits. and yesterday was the 30th day. got lucky

Dan1962

• Largemouth
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

called BPS today to check when reels be back in stock  "Back in stock today"  Asked  what others reels might be put on sale soon she said she heard but would not Guarantee if its true   But that the  Carbonlite reel might be onsale in Dec  for around $89.94 think i wait for the Carbonlite reel for only $20 more

HairyBass

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 09:22:58 PM »

I actually just bought my first baitcast reel over the weekend, a Pro Qualifier.  I've only used spinning reels so I'm a little hesitant about that first cast:)  I went with the 6:4:1 ratio figuring it would be a good all around reel.   Wish me luck!

J.Davis

• Smallmouth
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »

I actually just bought my first baitcast reel over the weekend, a Pro Qualifier.  I've only used spinning reels so I'm a little hesitant about that first cast:)  I went with the 6:4:1 ratio figuring it would be a good all around reel.   Wish me luck!

6.4 and 7.1 are both good speed reels.  Just tighten up the spool tension knob (the cap looking thing near the drag and reel handle) and tighten up the brakes.  When you get ready to make your first cast, let your lure hang about 4 inches below the tip and release the spool.  The lure should barely fall, you may even have to shake it a little for it to release any line.  This way, backlashes shouldn't be a problem.  3 things:

ALWAYS thumb the spool
ALWAYS adjust the reel to the lure/technique
NEVER get frustrated

Even the Elite Series pros get backlashes, it's normal.  Just don't use expensive line until you're comfortable and keep trying.  You won't regret the decision to get one.

gillrod2728

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »

gota thanks gilrod2728. you got me 30 bucks back. didnt even think of the price match. sent em an email yesterday and they said they would refund the difference to my card. time to buy a couple more crankbaits. and yesterday was the 30th day. got lucky
hey no problem man I love to save money lol

gillrod2728

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »

6.4 and 7.1 are both good speed reels.  Just tighten up the spool tension knob (the cap looking thing near the drag and reel handle) and tighten up the brakes.  When you get ready to make your first cast, let your lure hang about 4 inches below the tip and release the spool.  The lure should barely fall, you may even have to shake it a little for it to release any line.  This way, backlashes shouldn't be a problem.  3 things:

ALWAYS thumb the spool
ALWAYS adjust the reel to the lure/technique
NEVER get frustrated

Even the Elite Series pros get backlashes, it's normal.  Just don't use expensive line until you're comfortable and keep trying.  You won't regret the decision to get one.
This is great advice all around but in my opinion I think using better quality line is a better way to start off because cheap line will have way more memory and cause backlashes a lot easier. A line I found to be awesome super strong very sensitive and easy to cast on a baitcaster is Suffix Siege they sell it at walmart,bass pro,gander mt almost evry where. It has little to no memory due to the way they spool it.

Dan1962

• Largemouth
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »

I wouldn't waste $9 for 300 yds of line to practice with a baitcaster   Go to Wal Mart they have Berkley BIG GAME line  10 or 12 lb spool over 1000 yds for $7.23  if you get a bad Backlash just cut line off and re spool you have over 1000 yds to practice with  or if you really want to go with the Super High Quality line go to ebay there you can find some YO-ZURI Hybrid 600yd spools (if you can get the CLEAR it has little less memory then the Green & smoke colors ) for around $8-$10   
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:10:26 PM by Dan1962 »

J.Davis

• Smallmouth
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »

This is great advice all around but in my opinion I think using better quality line is a better way to start off because cheap line will have way more memory and cause backlashes a lot easier. A line I found to be awesome super strong very sensitive and easy to cast on a baitcaster is Suffix Siege they sell it at walmart,bass pro,gander mt almost evry where. It has little to no memory due to the way they spool it.

I understand what you're saying, but I was talking about lines like Trilene XL, XT, or Sufix.  I was saying that so he didn't put 150 yards of Trilene 100% or even more expensive line just to tear it up.  Trilene Big Game would be a good line to practice with in a 12-14 lb test.

gillrod2728

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

I understand what you're saying, but I was talking about lines like Trilene XL, XT, or Sufix.  I was saying that so he didn't put 150 yards of Trilene 100% or even more expensive line just to tear it up.  Trilene Big Game would be a good line to practice with in a 12-14 lb test.
Oh yea I understand that man.

Nomad

• Smallmouth
    • Fishing Korea & Tennessee
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 02:43:01 AM »

I bought one of these reels about 6 weeks ago based on the comments here and the customer reviews at BP and I have to say that I love it. That dual brake system is sweet.

cd1

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
    • The Southern Outdoorsman
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »

How does this reel compare to something like the Johnny Morris Gold model?  Has anyone used both?

MY OUTDOORS BLOG:

http://southernoutdoorsman.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 23 queries.