BPS Pro Qualifier ON SALE

Started by sherm, October 13, 2010, 08:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COUSIN-IT

Bought me a new 1 last night and a new rod to go with it hope I got the right rod M/H 7ft Man is that reel smooth cant wait to try it out this weekend if its not to cold going in the high 30s here
96 Astro 185DCX 150 Mercury EFI
Lowrance FF Minn Kota Maxxum

J.Davis

Quote from: COUSIN-IT on November 02, 2010, 06:29:45 PM
Bought me a new 1 last night and a new rod to go with it hope I got the right rod M/H 7ft Man is that reel smooth cant wait to try it out this weekend if its not to cold going in the high 30s here

Lucky you, I live in Alabama, and it's going down into the 20s (it was in the 90s once or twice a week or so ago).  Just in time for my first tournament.  YAY!!!

cd1

You people are a bad influence.  I bought two tonight.  A 7.1 and a 6.4 retrieve.  I paired the 7.1 with a Pro Qualifier Med/Heav 7 ft rod too...I can't wait to give it a workout tomorrow.

I'm not sure what rod I'll put the other one on...I might fire one of my old reels tonight and replace it with the 6.4.

ShawnDee4

Ive heard good things about these reels. Just bought 2 for 69 bucks a piece. Works for me. Tired of low quality reels that I have to replace every year or so.

Sponsors:                Houseworth Electric

gillrod2728

i just picked up two 5.2.1 ratio ones at my local BPS for the lovely sale price that makes 4 new Pro qualifiers in 1 month at the sale price I love sales lol.
"Kistler Rods Team" "Eye Crossin Custom Lures"  "Fishwhittler Custom Lures" "Knawbone Jigs" "Big River Tackle"

cd1

I just got off the lake with the new reels.  Quiet, smooth, cast well, fit in the hand really well too.  I'm very impressed...no way I would guess it's a $69 reel.  I may go back next week and buy a few more of the combo's with the PQ rod.

I've been fishing with Ugly Sticks and old reels...this setup feels like a new cadillac by comparison.

gillrod2728

Quote from: cd1 on November 06, 2010, 10:18:39 PM
I just got off the lake with the new reels.  Quiet, smooth, cast well, fit in the hand really well too.  I'm very impressed...no way I would guess it's a $69 reel.  I may go back next week and buy a few more of the combo's with the PQ rod.

I've been fishing with Ugly Sticks and old reels...this setup feels like a new cadillac by comparison.
It feels like a cadillac compared to some 200 dollar reels as well. Glad you liked them ;D
"Kistler Rods Team" "Eye Crossin Custom Lures"  "Fishwhittler Custom Lures" "Knawbone Jigs" "Big River Tackle"

kenmc

I agree! Don't know how it will hold up but found it as smooth as my Revo STX. Nice looking too.

boudreaux 23

Dan1962

Quote from: cd1 on November 06, 2010, 10:18:39 PM

The BPS PRO Q  is a  $100 reel that was on sale for $69 which made it a super great deal

cd1

I went back and got another one before the sale ended.  Ultimately I ended up with two 7.1 to 1 PQ's mounted on 7 foot medium heavy pro qualifier rods, and I also got a 6.4 to 1 reel that I put on an ugly stick that I already had.  I might go back and grab a Bionic Blade...they were on sale for 59 dollars. 

I can throw that PQ combo all day...very light...very handy.

Kyle Kennington

Sale is still going on...Just tell the Reel Counter you want the Christmas Catalog Price.

boudreaux 23

Canesfan

Quote from: ZXBUG on November 15, 2010, 11:13:13 PM
Sale is still going on...Just tell the Reel Counter you want the Christmas Catalog Price.

I wonder if that applies to online purchases because either Sat. or Sunday, when I logged into Basspro.com, they still showed PQ's for $ 69.94 and when I tried to order they were $ 99.95 or whatever the reg. price is.  I called Customer Service and they said "no, they were $ 99.".  In retrospect I should have asked for a Spvsr. I said (to myself) "screw it, their loss" but if they honor Catalog price will order one.

UPDATE:  I tried to order from Christmas Catalog at $ 69.94 price and they said that offer expired 11/13.  Oh well, they'll be on sale again and will just have to pay more attention.

J.Davis

I think they go on sale in the spring for a very short period of time to attract customers that are stocking up, but don't hold me to that.

Dan1962

Quote from: ZXBUG on November 15, 2010, 11:13:13 PM

The Christmas Catalog sale ended NOV 13 on the PQ REEL  They do have the Pro Qualifier Tournament reel on sale for $79
]http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=163&option=3&template=circular.cfm&catalog=tha_10_tab&rfx_versioningid=010&storeID=25

boudreaux 23

What is the difference in the tournament series reel and the regular pro qualifier?

Dan1962

Quote from: boudreaux 23 on November 19, 2010, 03:49:30 PM
What is the difference in the tournament series reel and the regular pro qualifier?

its basically the same reel with a blue metal flake paint job and weights less  The PQ is 8.8OZ the PQ Tour is around 7oz  & the handle grips are diff. Nice reel Upgrade from the Reg PQ   its closer to the carbonlite reel  without the carbon fiber handle

sherm

It can't be the same real if it weighs 20% less, There has to be something different
" My greatest fear is, when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I bought it for"

Dan1962

Quote from: sherm on November 20, 2010, 11:59:49 AM
It can't be the same real if it weighs 20% less, There has to be something different

I did say its basically the same not 100% the same reel The REG PQ , PQ TOUR , Carbonlite share the same frame design  But the PQ Tour has the same type of gear set that comes in the carbonlite reel   super hard aircraft grade aluminum   which is lighter then the Brass gears that come's in  the Reg PQ   which makes it 20% lighter

boudreaux 23

This is good info. Sounds to me like a hell of a deal for 80 dollars. Would it be worth getting the tour model while its at that price?

Canesfan

The sales clerk at BPS told me that the Tournament reel frame is plastic which should explain the difference in weight.

Dan1962

Quote from: Canesfan on November 22, 2010, 08:23:11 AM
The sales clerk at BPS told me that the Tournament reel frame is plastic which should explain the difference in weight.
Thats the CHEAPER BPS Tournament Reel  the REEL that's ON Sale is the Pro Qualifier Tournament reel  which does have a alum frame  Plus it has Duralumin gears which are lighter then the Brass gears thats in the Std Pro Q

Did find a model # PQT10HB & its 6.4:1

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Dan1962

Quote from: boudreaux 23 on November 20, 2010, 03:18:23 PM
This is good info. Sounds to me like a hell of a deal for 80 dollars. Would it be worth getting the tour model while its at that price?

yes its a great DEAL if you like the blue metal flake paint job    Wish it was all silver myself