Bars on Lowrance Down Image?

Started by Mike Cork, January 07, 2011, 06:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Finally got the new equipment on the water and was very impressed with the images I was able to obtain. However when using down imaging I had bars running lengthwise along the screen. Not sure what I might be doing wrong in my set up or if this is a transducer position issue? Just not that technical with it yet, brand new to me. So I figured I post a pic here and let some of you pro's help me out.

Thoughts on what I might need to do to fix this? I did have range lines turned off, well at least in the Side Scan. Contrast and ranging were on Auto.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

coldfront

man, that almost has to be interference of some kind..doesn't it?

never seen that...not like I've seen a lot...

here's how I have my transducer mounted on my 'tinboat/stocktank'...

how/where did you mount your transducer?

Mike Cork

Got it mounted on my jackplate. I'll get a pic in the morning. The way I have it mounted I  was conserned about the side image more than down? But yes i could believe interference but not sure from what.

Cork's Reel Service

fishin couillon

Well i've seen it first hand. It is a type of interference...you said you had it mounted on your jp...i;m gonna guess it's just inside the plate or on the outside and your using the bracket that's supplied with it. With that said, the ducer signals are "bouncing" around inside of the jackplate therefore your getting those lines. It appears on both down scan and side scan. When looking at the sidescan screen, which ever side the lines appear, your ducer is mounted on the opposite side. I had this exact same problem as well as others. There are a few things to correct this. One is if you keep it mounted on the jp, you would need to install a hole shot plate, that will "cover" the bottom of plate up and keep the "signals" from enterning inside. If you go this route you can mount ducer on outside of jp or on the under side of the hole shot plate. Seen several installs like that. Might require a wedge to get that "perfect" angle for the ducer. The other is to remove the ducer from the jp and mount on the transom beneth the jp. It's a simple fix.

Sorry for all the pics. lo

Here was my problem: You can see that my lines were on the left side of ss page. My ducer was mounted on the right inside of jp.

After all that had happened, i moved the ducer from the jp to the transom below the jp.

Here is a pic after i moved the ducer below the jp. The lines disappeared.

Here is a pic i copied from someone else that has the ducer mounted to the hole shot plate with a wedge.

coldfront

Mike Cork

Well that's exactly what I'm seeing on the down scan! Looks like I have some simple adjustments to make! Thank you

Cork's Reel Service

Fishton

I have the same issue, but it does not bother me as I never fish directly beneath the transducer in <6ft.

GotstaFish

Mounted mine directly to the boat with no bracket right under the step. Clear as a bell  ;)
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Mike Cork

Quote from: Fishton on January 09, 2011, 12:00:30 AM
I have the same issue, but it does not bother me as I never fish directly beneath the transducer in <6ft.

Good point, plus it's nice to have it tucked up under the jackplate for protection. :-* Not sure what I'm gonna do right now....

Cork's Reel Service

-Bryan-

Mine is right on the step too, and it shows clear.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...