A UBCS preview

Started by Jared LeBlue, January 12, 2011, 03:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared LeBlue

John was having trouble posting the picture so he asked if I can get this posted for him. He said it's a preview of whats to come at the 2011 UBCS. He also signed the picture for all the TCTC members that wanted a copy. lo

Ardent Prostaff

BassBUFF

Nice fish John! Better bring that pic with you cuz that'll be all you'll see come tourney time! >:D

BTW- we're doing live well checks! ~roflmao

Mike Cork

What a minnow John  ~c~ ~c~ Looks like you had just a little bit more room in your arm to stretch it out towards the camera.... Just a hint when your trying to make a 3 pounder look like a 5 hide your elbow behind the fish  :-* That way no one can tell your holding it out at the camera

Here is a real fish and what TCTC will be bringing to the scale.... and I didn't even have to reach out to make it look bigger  PoPo

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Mike I know Laurie is camera shy but really you have to pose with her fish. lo
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

Here is one she caught.... OMG you Lock Jaw Boys are in trouble.... Better learn how to catch fish and FAST!!!

8 pounds even from Grand Bayou... oh yeah that's where we are fishing this time huh  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Jared you really don't want to get into a photo war with me... I catch more 8 pound plus fish in a season than you have in a life-time  PoPo PoPo

Cork's Reel Service

bassadict69

While we are on Grand Bayou...How about a 24.5lb stringer? Oh...these were caught in March also!

And the 9.36lb kicker...

Jared LeBlue

That's not bad there of course we weren't there fishing the tournament so it's pretty irrelevant. Heck Josh and his wife were there and they caught that and better 3 days in a row. Oh yeah it's gonna be interesting for this one. ;D
Ardent Prostaff

bassadict69

I may actually get to at least fish part of this one...  ~c~

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: bassadict69 on January 12, 2011, 07:08:47 PM

Awesome.  ~c~ 
Ardent Prostaff

BassBUFF

Quote from: bassadict69 on January 12, 2011, 07:08:47 PM

Great news!! ~c~

Donald Garner

Jared,

Thanks for the preview of "Maybe" things to come. ~shade

Any one of those sizes in the pictures would be a heck of a home coming for me. lo
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Zuk

Mike, FYI thats a 5.1 off the calcasieu river, thats where the 2012 UBCS will be held! and incase you forgot us coonasses can catch'em at Grand Bayou too!

-Shawn-

If I remember correctly.... Y'all lost on grand and the calc ??

Zuk

If I remember correctly, since you showed up TCTC hasn't won a UBCS. THE TEXAS JINKS!

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: -Shawn- on January 13, 2011, 11:26:05 AM
If I remember correctly.... Y'all lost on grand and the calc ??

Yep. Luck went their way both times. It should be a very close tournament as it normally is in all the UBCS tournaments. This one will play out a little different. It's March so the fish will be shallow. Our club fishes shallow well. It will be close but I do believe there will be some big ones caught. Should be a good tournament.
Ardent Prostaff

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Zuk on January 13, 2011, 01:09:58 PM
If I remember correctly, since you showed up TCTC hasn't won a UBCS. THE TEXAS JINKS!

Damn. lo   Shawn you know we really love you. lo
Ardent Prostaff

-Shawn-

Quote from: Zuk on January 13, 2011, 01:09:58 PM

I had to dump 17lbs of fish to let y'all win the first year.
second year I had some equipment problems and
Last year I got my arse kicked. No excuse, because we were on the fish. Just executed horribly.

Get ready for a whooping this year!!  ~bb

Wildcat26

At the last UBCS on Grand Lockjaw won the top three individual places but TC won the tournament. Only way I can make sense of that is it was TC"S scales. ;D

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Wildcat26 on January 14, 2011, 08:58:33 AM
At the last UBCS on Grand Lockjaw won the top three individual places but TC won the tournament. Only way I can make sense of that is it was TC"S scales. ;D

Yeah I think we got pencil whipped. We will have to watch it little closer this time. lo
Ardent Prostaff

BassBUFF

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on January 14, 2011, 03:03:25 PM
Yeah I think we got pencil whipped. We will have to watch it little closer this time. lo

You got whipped alright, but it wasn't by no dang pencil! >:D ~roflmao

Mike Cork

Quote from: Wildcat26 on January 14, 2011, 08:58:33 AM

That was like the 4th time in a row that we beat you down. We were afraid you wouldn't come back if we didn't let you win some wood.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service