A camping we will go!

Started by Ron Fogelson, January 28, 2011, 07:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Fogelson

We have our site set up "58" and are ready to eat,  ~beer~  &  ~gf here in a few months.

I've gathered some nails to set out on the next 2 camper pads for the Lock Jaw boys to use if they want  :o :o         ~roflmao

If the water comes back up we will be able to beach our boats right next to the campers and free up some of the conjestion at the ramps in the morning.

Nutt

Ron, IF Jonathan and I are able to make the UBCS this year we will be camping also, so save us a spot.  Preferably without nails. 

P.S.  I am down in the Coushatta area with work quite often so if need be I can spread some more nails in Lockjaws area.  Just give me the co-ordinates.  ~shhh
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Skeeter180 on January 30, 2011, 07:02:56 PM
Ron, IF Jonathan and I are able to make the UBCS this year we will be camping also, so save us a spot.  Preferably without nails. 

P.S.  I am down in the Coushatta area with work quite often so if need be I can spread some more nails in Lockjaws area.  Just give me the co-ordinates.  ~shhh

Hey Sandy  57, 59 or 60 looks to be the best camp sites that are close to the action  :-*

Jared LeBlue

Well we ended up getting two big cabins and I think one of guys got a small one also. I will hopefully know how many people we will have coming by Thursday of this week. We may not need to bring our campers and if we don't then we will cancel those spots. We have a crew going in a couple of weeks, I will make sure they line Fogys spot with roofing nails.
Ardent Prostaff

Ron Fogelson

Keep it up and come shoot-out blast off Lock Jaw might spend most of the morning looking for thier props  >:D

Hey let us know when you guys are coming up we might be able to get away and come fish/visit/ ~beer~ while your here.  :-*

Jared LeBlue

Will be heading out in the morning. I was ready to head out tonight but I have to get the kids off to school tomorrow. I'm knocking a few back right now to condition myself for the next few days. ~beer~ lo
Ardent Prostaff

bassgrl70

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on January 31, 2011, 03:28:28 PM
Keep it up and come shoot-out blast off Lock Jaw might spend most of the morning looking for thier props  >:D

Hey let us know when you guys are coming up we might be able to get away and come fish/visit/ ~beer~ while your here.  :-*

Ahhh, Ron, I think the wrong team lost a prop!!!!! You got confused with all the Legends out there! lol

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: bassgrl70 on March 21, 2011, 01:45:33 PM
Ahhh, Ron, I think the wrong team lost a prop!!!!! You got confused with all the Legends out there! lol

Trust me there was a prop missing Saturday morning.  :'( In fact I'm glad you posted this because it reminded me that I need to go tighten that locknut. I had borrow a pair of pliers to put it back on Saturday morning.
Ardent Prostaff

bassgrl70

I didnt realize you lost one Jared! I was talking about Cork blasting his off at blast off! glad it helped ya out! Tell Suzie I really enjoyed meeting her, she is great!! and the food was YUMMY!!! what am i saying, ALL the food was YUMMY!! lol

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on March 21, 2011, 02:19:11 PM
Trust me there was a prop missing Saturday morning.  :'( In fact I'm glad you posted this because it reminded me that I need to go tighten that locknut. I had borrow a pair of pliers to put it back on Saturday morning.

Hey I told you twice Saturday night and yet you were still trying to launch Sunday morning without it   ~roflmao  Hell I'm glad I saw you,,,, would not have been much fun running to your spot to find out it was in the back of your truck.   ~bb

I thought it was funny as hell you played it all cool saying "hell I've got an extra one in the boat"  and than didn't have anything to put it on with,,,, your welcome by the way for the pliers   ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

Jared LeBlue

Yeah you must have been on a 3 day drunk. That was Friday night you were telling me that and saturday morning when I had to put it on. When you said prop I was looking at my big motor. Never even thought of the trolling motor. I had some pliers in the boat> I have some tools in my boat I just would have had to dig them out and I was in a bit of a hurry that morning. I guess I need to change out that pin too. You see yall did me a favor. lo
Ardent Prostaff

-Shawn-

Rattle, your lucky that your shear pin was bent or you would have had a Prop that wouldn't turn with the motor.  ~shade   By the way glad for Keiths sake that we realized we had the wrong green boat the first time.  lo  I was going to watch you fight with it saturday morning since I knew we were fishing the same spot.  I had a pin I was going to give as soon as I could quit laughing long enough.  ;D ~roflmao

Jared LeBlue

That would have sucked. :'( You should have been there Sunday morning when I was trying to launch my boat with my transom saver still on. Luckily they stopped me before I got the boat all the way down in the water. Them early mornings are a bitch. lo
Ardent Prostaff

DBrooke

Seems I always miss the good chit lo
This section under construction.

-Shawn-

Quote from: DBrooke on March 21, 2011, 06:02:21 PM
Seems I always miss the good chit lo

Yeah like Rattle snagging an 8 lber out of my #1 hole the day before the tourney.  ~shade

We even have pics of him and Suz netting it.  :'(

We shared water throughout the tourney though and it was a pleasure, at least Jared didn't motor over my fish.  ~shade

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: -Shawn- on March 21, 2011, 09:01:24 PM
Yeah like Rattle snagging an 8 lber out of my #1 hole the day before the tourney.  ~shade

We even have pics of him and Suz netting it.  :'(

We shared water throughout the tourney though and it was a pleasure, at least Jared didn't motor over my fish.  ~shade
To bad that 4 and that 8 were the only ones I snagged out of there. You would have thought that place would have produced some hawgs for the tournament.

That's pretty bad when your own team members tournament block you.  ~roflmao ~roflmao
Ardent Prostaff

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on March 22, 2011, 08:32:43 AM
That's pretty bad when your own team members tournament block you.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

::) He is in his own world   ~roflmao ~roflmao

-Shawn-

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on March 22, 2011, 08:32:43 AM
To bad that 4 and that 8 were the only ones I snagged out of there. You would have thought that place would have produced some hawgs for the tournament.

There were quite a few BIG fish there, they just didn't have Eating on there mind.  I KNOW that fish I hooked right before weigh in was BIG.  ~fff   But there were quite a few of us fishing there too, so they were getting pounded prety hard.  :surrender:

Chris

So Rattle and Shawn killed our top 2 spots? PoPo Those two spots are the first two holes we hit before we move to the third spot. I wondered why they werent producing the overs that we get there EVERYTIME we fish a tourney out there. Weve been fishing those spots in the same order and same way since 2005 and for the first time ever we didnt boat at least two overs per tournament day. Looking back at my log book we catch an over every 9.6 fish caught which is amazing .This tournament, in three total days we caught 120 fish ,he had one over and I had one over so our over catch rate went to one over per 60 fish caught .. Sure wish I'd had a backup plan! I mean we were culling within 20 to 30 minutes each morning but it sucks to have a limit by 7:20 and only upgrade 2 ounces in the next 8 hours and 40 minutes and thats after catching fish ALL day!  ~rant Yeah Im crying.  I woulda much rather had just 4 or 5 big bites all day I can tell you that.

-Shawn-

That Lake fishes SMALL!!  I found My hole #1 which was your #2 on wednesday and then my #2 {your #1}  and didn't touch them again.  I did pull into #1 on Friday when you and brent saw me there to make sure My lineup on the grass was right.  Didn't matter though because the fish were Chopped by a Prop 5 minutes after I arrived sat morning.  only caught 2 slots there the whole tourney.  my #3 produced my over on Sat. and it is almost identical to your #2, I think yall seen me in there Sun.

Chris

Quote from: -Shawn- on March 24, 2011, 12:54:44 AM
That Lake fishes SMALL!!  I found My hole #1 which was your #2 on wednesday and then my #2 {your #1}  and didn't touch them again.  I did pull into #1 on Friday when you and brent saw me there to make sure My lineup on the grass was right.  Didn't matter though because the fish were Chopped by a Prop 5 minutes after I arrived sat morning.  only caught 2 slots there the whole tourney.  my #3 produced my over on Sat. and it is almost identical to your #2, I think yall seen me in there Sun.

Chopped by a prop!!! ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao