braid weight on a baitcaster

Started by mck1975, February 22, 2011, 01:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthebad

Quote from: -Shawn- on February 23, 2011, 06:08:35 AM
Not sure what kind of cover your fishing, but it won't even take an 8lb fish to pop 30lb in heavy stuff

Oh I feel where your coming from shawn. I don't flip mats often...I was meaning that I foresaw a change or upgrade in lb test in the near future. 65lb has had my eye for quite some time.
"Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life" 
-Rev. 2:10
"Get the....wait we don't have a net?"

-Shawn-

I just saw the NW LA  in your info.   I would definatly upgrade to a heavier braid.  There is some nasty cover in the red.  ~gf

SpartanBass

Correct me if I am wrong fellas and gals but doesn't 832 sink?  I have been told this.  I heard that the kevlar in the line makes it more dense and it drops deeper than normal Suffix braid.  I love Suffix but have not had the chance to use 832 yet since we have ice here in Michigan still ~rant
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work!

ampeg

I caught some 65 Spider braid on sale, so that's what I have.
Saints fan for life!

mck1975

Quote from: SpartanBass on February 27, 2011, 09:39:10 PM
Correct me if I am wrong fellas and gals but doesn't 832 sink?  I have been told this.  I heard that the kevlar in the line makes it more dense and it drops deeper than normal Suffix braid.  I love Suffix but have not had the chance to use 832 yet since we have ice here in Michigan still ~rant

According to Sufix, you are correct. That is what attracted me to it. Living in Ohio, I too haven't had a chance to use it, but I do like the feel of the line and am anxious to get out the water and give it a try.

Edutton

50 lb. Power Pro for me also on my frogs and jigs. As was posted earlier, with the 50 lb. and a frog I can cast it further than needed most of the time using a 7' MH rod.

dandeman

"The two best times to go fishin' is when it's rainin' and when it ain't" - Rancid Crabtree

dodgeguy

never anything less than 50 lb braid on a baitcaster.
preferably
chrysler master tech,avid fisherman and i bleed red,white and blue!!!!We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.