Need Houghton Lake info for June fishing, Any Help???

Started by hemibass, December 18, 2005, 09:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemibass

;) Merry Christmas, Was asked to fish a tournament in June at Houghton Lake Michigan, coming from Cleveland Ohio, no time to prefish, have topo map, would like any input for largemouth and I hear smallies are good there, Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Kelly

Kal-Kevin

Give me the closes town to it and I will see what I can dig up for you! Here in Michigan we have a lot of lakes that have the same name!

Warpath

Hemi,

Thats Michigan-speak for "we can't come up with anything else to call it"!!! ;D

Eric

hemibass

Houghton Lake is in Roscommon County Michigan, it is Michigans largest inland lake of 22,00+ acres, Located in the middle of Michigans lower peninsula. located by I 75 and US 27, the city is actually Houghton Lake, hope that helps, Kelly

jake davis

Hey Kelly,   

Talked to my little brother...he use to be the local DNR Officer  ~xyz...in Roscommon.  Anyway he said if he remembered correctly them there Bass's should be still on the dock's in June.  Checkout the North Shore area. He'll get some more current info from his replacement and I'll send it to you...
Jake Davis
Secert Weapon Lures Pro Staff
Driftwood Lures Pro Staff
Retired USAF, MSgt

hemibass

;D Thanks Jake, hoping there were a lot of docks there, love flippin and pitchin that jig, any other info would be great! I have been emailing with Ricky Ingram and he is going to be passing my info along to secret weapon lures for sponorship, I am fishing the womens bass circuit with BASS/ESPN, fished the preview in Lewisville and heading to Toledo Bend in March, don't have a spinner bait sponsor yet. I am fishing Lake Houghton Michigan for my Plastics Sponsor, asked to come and represent the WBT and his company! Hope to have Secret Weapon Lures on my tournament shirts also, Thanks for any and all help, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Kelly

swljoe

Hi, Kelly...

Feel free to stop by the Secret Weapon Lures Website and fill out the on-line Prostaff Application form. John Glenn, our Prostaff Director, will be happy to get back with you.

Tell Ricky I said, "Hey!" Good luck to you on the tour.

Joe
Secret Weapon Lures
Joe Haubenreich
Secret Weapon Lures
The first real spinnerbait change in 50 years