small boat bass clubs in SC

Started by scbassfanatic, April 01, 2011, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scbassfanatic

I am looking for a small boat bass club in South Carolina, preferably in the midlands. Team or solo tournaments. Preferably in the midlands area. Lake Murray, Greenwood, Monticello, etc. Are there any out there?

throwback

Are you meaning like jon boats? Or a club with a low horsepower limit?

scbassfanatic

I guess it wouldnt matter. I mean a horsepower limit would be good. I would join a johnboat club if I could find one and they would let me in. I just am not comfortable with joining a club that has all 20 foot glass boats with 250 hp. I would kind of feel out of place. Not really at a disadvantage because the boat doesnt catch the fish, but just being more comfortable with the surroundings, if that makes any sense. Problem is I cannot find anything here and looks like I will have to start one if I want to join one. LOL. DOnt even know where to begin with that one. LOL.

throwback

I feel you there. I feel out of place in tournaments with my 17ft javelin with a 115. I called freinds around greenwood and couldnt come up with any john boat or low h.p. clubs. The only one i know is up here in spartanburg I fish with in my jon boat but the fish lake blalock in spartanburg. I have been kicking the idea of the horse power limited club around myself for a few months, to  fish greenwood, monticello, and wylie. I just havent found people with interest in it.

Kal-Kevin

I know how you feel the only thing I can say is look for local clubs, most times they are more open to smaller boats.

The best way to find a club is to stop by local  tackle stores look for one of the older guys working there or the guy that handles live bait sales, most time they talk to local guy more then the sales men do about clubs. I know that most of the guys that have joined my club, other then the ones that have a friend in the club, found us by the bait guy in the local bait shop.

scbassfanatic

Quote from: throwback on April 28, 2011, 09:56:38 PM
I feel you there. I feel out of place in tournaments with my 17ft javelin with a 115. I called freinds around greenwood and couldnt come up with any john boat or low h.p. clubs. The only one i know is up here in spartanburg I fish with in my jon boat but the fish lake blalock in spartanburg. I have been kicking the idea of the horse power limited club around myself for a few months, to  fish greenwood, monticello, and wylie. I just havent found people with interest in it.

If throw Lake murray into the mix, maybe we can get something going. I live between Murray and Monticello, and i dont mind traveling a little to get something going. Let me know if you are interested. I have no clue how to start one, but I would be willing to help out as much as i can. I just want to join a club.

throwback

I will see what kind of interest I can drum up. Shoot the idea around down your way and we can see what we can get going.

scbassfanatic

sure thing. btw, where exactly is fingerville? been in south cackalackee all my life, never been there. heard of it but never been there. I am thinking greenville/spartanburg area? am i right?

throwback

Yea, its in northern spartanburg county right at the n.c. line.

Jmerchant

That's where I am at too just behind Christmas tree hill.

Jmerchant

I know this thread is old but what ever came about this small boat club? Got my new boat and ready to fish!

scbassfanatic

It never did come to light. I have since joined another club in the Lake Murray area.