ronkonkoma tx, 3rd tx of the season

Started by yar, June 07, 2011, 06:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yar

well this was our 3rd stop of our 8 TX season, we had high hopes since the lake size limit was reduced from 15'' to 12'' this yr.
with seven boats that showed up for this electric only lake TX, it just wasn't in the stars this yr. none of the ronk giants showed up to the scales. all said and done only one limit was put on the table and a few smallies too.
this TX was the second team event of yr(half of trail is team or shared 5 fish weight and the other half is single weights). every boat except one put a fish on the scales, myself and my partner nunzio had a 5 fish weighting  7lbs :o ~shhh, to take the win. we did catch about 7 shorts during the day and lost one good keeper. all fish except on were caught on jigs and the other a senko ~b~. we just edged out the team of Fred & Greg who put 4 (one being a smallie) on the scale that weighed 6.55lbs they said all fish were tricked by the senko.
and rounding out the top 3 was Paul r. & Steve with 2 bass one also being a smallie that weighed 3.32lbs.
it wasn't the day we thought we were going to have but that's fishing. ~gf

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
www.Twin Forks Rod and Reel.com
LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

yar

2nd and 3rd place teams

LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

yar

4th & 5th place

LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

tomloge

Congrats Ray and Nunz on your win!  Nice going getting a limit on Ronk.  Tough day.  Also congrats to Jerry for his lunker.  That lake has changed so much over the years.  I remember years ago when one or two fish could win there, but they would total 7 pounds or more. 

I only got one keeper smallie (on a Keitech).  I guess I caught around 10 shorts-8 largemouths and 2 smallies.  Half on a small popper early in the morning (between  five and seven AM) and the rest on Senkos, wacky rigged.  Most of the shorts were 11 1/2 to 11 3/4 inches.  Frustrating.  I did have a few bites that I missed.  2 of them felt pretty solid. 

yar

your right the lake has changed. but it's funny, when the size limit was 15" we would catch alot of 14" bass and the person who caught one 1 or 2 15" keepers would win and their weight would be about 7-10lbs(LOL). now the limit is 12" and we only catch 11 3/4" fish(lol). well can't wait till we go back and have the night TX there on 8/20, that should be interesting. but now I'm looking forward to swartswood ant the end of the month!!!.
LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

lets get jiggy

Thanks guys. Was a fun tourny. Hey wait a minute I was the superstar of the tournament . Talk about coverage. Mandel loses his brand new rod and reel first thing in the morning in over 12 feet of water. With only 10 minutes left in the tourny I hook his rig and get it back for him . Talk about saving hundreds of dollars. Like Ike said "NEVER GIVE UP". Good job guys
Don't get cornholed...Go Fishin

tomloge

I think you should have won lunker for catching his rod and reel.  They were probably heavier than the lunker anyway. 

yar

nunz, i think we should have taken the $15 from the guy at ramp that out bid Mandel lol.
yes , you were the superstar. catching trees, sewer pipes(lol). it was a fun day! alway a pleasure fishing with ya! you and i are on for uppermills still?.
LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

lets get jiggy

Yes my friend we are on. Ray you forgot I also caught the engagement ring box....lol. Funny day
Don't get cornholed...Go Fishin

yar

yur right i did froget that(lol. to bad the ring wasn't in it ~roflmao
LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

ollie

"Don't get cornholed, go fishing"

Come on Nunz, think of the children!  lmao
Twin Forks Rod and Reel
Long Island Bassmasters
NJ Basskickers