Where everyone go?

Started by Dinstarr, November 03, 2011, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinstarr

Wow,

This has turned into a grave yard

Bassthumb

I am still here Randy.  Obviously not AD anymore, but still here.

Will be down your way last week of April 2012 for the NE BASS Federation qualifier (on Grand).  Will take any unsolicited tips you may want to accidentally send me on PM...LoL
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

-Bryan-

It's almost like everyone finally reached puberty...eh? ~roflmao
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Dinstarr

Bassthumb

Well we will be in full swing in April fishing will be hot, shallow water , suspending jerk baits works well on the pre spawn fish that are moving up to bed. Bedding fish u can site fish drop shot and weightless worms work very well. My first tourney is in March so keep in touch will know more then. It will take a 20 plus stringer to be in the money in most tourney's on Grand  ~cf ~cf ~cf ~cf ~cf ~gf

Bassthumb

Santa Claus brought my Hot Spots "Grand" map, so feel free to get me informed...

Thanks in advance
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

Dinstarr

mmmmmm
Well I will need to know where your launching from and how long a run you want to make .....lol.... There way this winter is going hell the spawn may be over lol

Bassthumb

i should know more after the club meeting next Monday. 

Dinstarr

:-* :-* :-*

Depending on the dates I can offer a guide service and give u a good lay of the lake  ~roflmao

Bassthumb

Hmm, I like and appreciate the offer, but MUST conform to the rules...(so let me look into that)  and the Tourney is 29/30 Apr + 1-3 May.  I am sure the standard off limtis and info gathering will be in play just prior.

Bassthumb

Off limits will be starting at midnight on 4/22 until first light on Sunday 4/29.  We are launching out of Martin's Landing.

Looks like the club will be down to fish in March 24/25, so will be mostly looking for spots for May.

If I can somehow arrange to arrive a day early (in March, maybe we can go for a ride).  Looking at the calendar for April, I do not see how I could get down (legally) for a practice run unless I take Vaca and come down during the week.

Dinstarr

ok
I am usually out of town the 7th thru the 15th and the 22nd thru the 30th or the 23rd thru the 31st pending on if the month has 31 days in it. Still burning up the road with the railroad sooo maybe we can figure something out

Bassthumb

Randy, what day will you leave town in March.  Our club will be down on the 24/25, but I may opt to come down earlier.

Maybe come down on 22nd and prefish on 23rd...will be there?

or at least give me some focus areas

Dinstarr

As it stands right now I would be leaving on the 23rd heading for Jefferson City Missouri

Dinstarr

Well It looks I will be in town until the 25th of March ~c~ ~c~ Give me a call when you hit town as it turns out I have a one day tourny on the 24th that I will be fishing sooo I will be around...Here is my number give me a call (918)527-9220

Bassthumb

Sweet deal, tonight is the club draw, so I will know may accompany me and if I can get there for sure.

Would be interested in either a map marking session, or maybe a little time (not all day, so you can do whatever you need to on Friday).

Club will operate out of Martin's Landing, most likely...and stay there too.

Just tell me if I need an A-rig...they are very hard to come by up here in Omaha.

Dinstarr

Well If your staying at Martains landing motel your not far from me. A rigs are available here in tulsa at bass pro. I just tried it out last week had no luck but I understand they have been seeing alot of action on them.  Right now the water temp is 48 degrees and the fish are hang really deep I am talking around 40 feet. I lot of vertical fishing going on right now. Flutter baits, drop shots, and things of that nature. I am at work in Arkansas and not far from Shevport LA sooo heading down this weekend for the bassmaster classic. I will be back home on the 1st plan on doing alot of prefishing if weather permits.  ~sun ~sun ~sun

Bassthumb

Ok Randy, things have changed.

We are staying at Terra Miranda, and fishing out of there too.

I will be in late Thursday nite, then out on the water pretty early.  Maybe we can meet at the ramp to chat?  Looks like I will have a full boat, so really just looking for any current tips, and maybe you can point to areas on my map for me to start in.

Will be good to see ya!

Now looking at 24 days to get back to fishing!!!!

Dinstarr

~b~ ~b~ ~b~
Ok well call me when u get into the area and I can meet u somewhere or meet u at where u are staying will bring the map or show u on urs some of the local hotspots

Bassthumb

I just hope they move shallower by the 23rd...

Dinstarr

~shade
Fished today water temp 50 degrees water is clear wind blowing 10 to 20. Looked around for warmer water not much a change deep or shallow in the main part of the lake. Marked fish in 40 to 30 foot range. Threw a rig, silver gold  silver shad, and worms no luck today. Just about have to hit them in the head ~xyz ~xyz ~xyz

Bassthumb

A friend of mine, that knows Roumbanis, said he was there last weekend, and catching them in 10'.

Bassthumb

Randy, what do you suppose will hapen to the lake if you guys get the weather they are forecasting for next week (3/19-22).  Looks like lots and lots of rain (and thunder).

I am thinking the lake will be high (how high?) and off-color to muddy.  I heard the water temp was going to be 60° by this Sat, but I bet that much rain will push it back some...

So, I like to hear your thoughts on this possible lake set-up.

Dinstarr

MMMMM

Water temp is 58 degrees to 60 degrees mostly on main lake areas, Three tourneys yesterday 1st place was 20 lb plus stringers. Small fish have started moving. Alot are still deep and holding to cover sooo weather may or may not effect. Front suppose to come thru Monday and Tuesday but by the weekend suppose to be sunny and nice. The biggest factor always on Grand this time of year is the wind and if you are able to fish your areas. Always have backup plans in case the wind will not let you fish the main lake. I fished the Elk river yesterday alot of boat pressure saw alot of a rigs being thrown but not many catching. I have heard of two different patterns that are working. I am prefishing this week for my tourny on Saturday sooo will have a good idea what is going on by the weekend. A good hint for what is going on right now jigs and a different version of a drop shot will let u know when we talk face to face

Bassthumb

Prob have to meet you on the Tera Miranda ramp early on Friday AM.

Have a red [2006] F150 with red shell, and will have a black hulled, white body and red striped Triton TR-196 on a black trailer.

See Ya Friday.

Bassthumb

Randy, what is happening with the roads down there...just heard that Rout 125 (where Tera Miranda is) is closed due to flooding?

The club decided to come dispite of the weather, and now we've heard reports the roads are flooded...

The OK road condition web page listed no problems anywhere near NE OK.