Cougar Shot in MN

Started by Swede, December 01, 2011, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

aaronis

This is why its so easy to hate random people.  I know, that sounds bad.  But seriously, only an idiot would do this.

Mike Cork

That's a shame, Ive heard the scream of a mountain lion but never seen one walking in person. If I got to, shorting it wouldn't come to mind?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

CraigP83

Old post but I just saw it.

A few years back I was riding in a vehicle in Mora, MN and I swear I saw a cougar walking on the side of the road! My dad who was driving at the time didn't see it....and it was dark.....and we were driving 60mph.....and there may have been some  ~beer~ involved..... But by golly I SWEAR I saw one

Nelsonv1975

That why I love living inTexas. They are fare game year round. Now if I could get one to walk past my tree stand I'd be in great shape!!
Thank you to, Stanley Jigs Inc., El Grande Lures, McCoy Fishing Line, River2Sea, NolanOutdoors, Cutting Edge Landscaping,LLC

Pacific NW Ron

I've seen a cougar while out bear hunting here in the Pacific Northwest and they are a pretty cat to watch.   Even thou I had a loaded rifle I never thought about shooting it.
I've also heard the scream and if it's close it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

West6550

Fisher of Men

My dad and i saw one run across the road on hwy 2 in south vivan just behind the old relay station.  Literally, 150yds from the gas station.  Huge black cat that had a tail that looked like it was 10ft long, gave me cold chills seeing it.  They are mystical to me, rarely seen but they are there for sure.
Choose today who you will serve, but as for me and my house; WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.
Joshua 24:15

big g

My son and I were fishing in the Everglades early in the morning on L67 canal.  We heard a panther calling to another panther about a mile away.  The two big cat were on islands in the sawgrass, and the calls went on for about 20 minutes.  We never saw either cat, but the calls were clear and the one big cat was close.  A neat experience! ~bb
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

rockchalk06

Quote from: CraigP83 on March 28, 2013, 01:00:44 PM
Old post but I just saw it.

A few years back I was riding in a vehicle in Mora, MN and I swear I saw a cougar walking on the side of the road! My dad who was driving at the time didn't see it....and it was dark.....and we were driving 60mph.....and there may have been some  ~beer~ involved..... But by golly I SWEAR I saw one

I'm going to start calling you "Godwin" lo

Oldfart9999

Quote from: rockchalk06 on January 13, 2017, 08:01:45 AM
I'm going to start calling you "Godwin" lo
Beats being called "Uncle Psi". lo
There have been folks that reported seeing them in the ADK but the DEC says none in this state, don't know if they believe it or are protecting them.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cojab

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on January 14, 2017, 06:58:56 AM
Beats being called "Uncle Psi". lo
There have been folks that reported seeing them in the ADK but the DEC says none in this state, don't know if they believe it or are protecting them.
Rodney

They've been saying that about wolves here in Colorado. After one got hit on the Interstate a good 100 miles from the border they said,,,,,,,,,,,,,nope, no wolves in Colorado
TTK has spoken.