Low Stretch Monofilament

Started by BassFishing123, January 26, 2012, 06:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassFishing123

What are some low stretch monofilament lines? How much does fluorocarbon stretch?

Dan1962

P-LINE CXX  is about the Lowest Stretch mono (Copolymer) Line you can buy .

revolutiontime95

People like to say that fluorocarbon doesn't stretch much or at all.  It's completely false...a marketing tactic.  Fluorocarbon actually DOES stretch, in some cases, equal to or more than monofilament lines.  If you don't believe me, go buy some fluorocarbon line and try to stretch it with your hands.  You will notice it stretches just as much as monofilament. 
Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for The Lord your god will be with you wherever you go.  -Joshua 1:9

Dan1962

Yes Fluoro  does stretch   The High Quality Fluroro  stretch less  Most People complain about how much Fluoro stretches because they bought  Cheaper Lower Quality  Fluoro   "You get what you Pay For" !

dodgeguy

berkley sensation is a good low stretch mono.
chrysler master tech,avid fisherman and i bleed red,white and blue!!!!We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

revolutiontime95

I'm pretty sure the rule of thumb (and also common sense) dictates that thicker diameter line has less stretch.  So for example, 20 lb trilene XL will have more stretch than the thicker 20 lb trilene XT.  (i'm pretty sure XT is a little thicker)
Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for The Lord your god will be with you wherever you go.  -Joshua 1:9

Pferox

Everything stretches, or it fails. Its some law of physics somewhere. Even steel stretches, pretty badly, btw. Only thing is humans can't apply the physical force needed to do it.

Elasticity it what everybody notices, and in many instances that's a good thing, look at bungee cords, tow straps, and even fishing line. If line didn't recover after it stretched, it would fail on the next heavy load. Supposedly, the more elastic it is the more heavy loads it can bear before it fails.

That's why Big Game is so popular with large species fisherman, it recovers quickly to take on the next large load a number of times before it fails.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

RyanD

Hands down the mono with the least amount of stretch is seaguar senshi. Nothing but good things to say about it, reliable, high preformance, and very cheap. What else could you want?

3deez

my vote is Silver Thread Excalibur copolymer. I have tried many lines over the years and keep going back to this. a little hard to find, but well worth it.
2017 Crestliner PT18 Mercury 150 hp Pro XS
Minn Kota 80lb Fortrex
10' Talon

stratos bandit

Curious to see what a good low-stretch mono line would be today....noticed this topic is 5 years old now.

I've been doing more walleye trolling and am looking for a nice mono with low stretch (for mono).

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Senshi is the lowest stretch mono line I have used.

Sunline Natural Mono is the second.

Like others have said, its a give and take with stretch. Less stretch = faster fail

20lb senshi will not hold up as well as 20lb big game, or even the diameter equivalent of big game.

You'll notice that when you get hung up most mono will stretch and many times will shoot right back at you, weight, and hook and all. With lower stretch mono, the line will just snap.
With that said, I like low stretch mono. I use Sunline Mono and Senshi.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Tavery5