Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A199 set up ?  (Read 1077 times)

Russ199A

• Charter Member
A199 set up ?
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »

Got '08 199 w/225 proXS on the back, running a 26p fury. Turning 6100 light and 5700 loaded heavy.
I'm at 2 3/4" below pad, running 73's when light but with passenger, fuel, full livewells and gear I can only manage about 65 mph.
When I'm lite, at about 68mph the bow lifts up (alot, you can notice it from another boat) and then I pick up another 5mph but it starts to get greasy in the rear. That is it chine walks bad.
I've raised the motor to 2 1/2" above and speed goes to 75 but it gets a little wild to drive.  Lowered to 3" and speed falls to 71 but handling improves.
Do you think I need to put more tip cup in the prop and turn it up to a 27 pitch???  Thanks.
Been a little quiet in here lately.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

Buzbait88

• Ultimate Basser
Re: A199 set up ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »

I don't have a 199 or a legend for that matter, but I think a 27 pitch would hurt your loaded performance even more.  Do you run full trim all the time?  On my boat I found that it chined really bad full trim, but if I trimmed down I got more speed and the chinewalk went away.  Could be a problem with weight distrubution as well.  Especially losing that much speed with a partner.  It looks like most 199 owners are running there motors between 3.25 and 3.75" below pad.  You may also want to try a bunch of different props.  Fury may not be the best for that boat.  a 26 trophy or 26 or 27 tempest plus might better suit you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:00:59 PM by Buzbait88 »
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

~Dwight~

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »

Hey Russ, I have a 4 blade TXP you might try...I think its a 26P
Give a man a Fish and He will eat for a Day, Teach a Man to Fish and He will Join a Bass Club and spend Way too much $$$$$$

JMGullo

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »

Hey Russ, I have a 4 blade TXP you might try...I think its a 26P

I'd like to try that too

Russ199A

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:39:10 PM »

I was running a worked 27 tempest plus turned up to a 28 with double cupping. I was running 5900rpm, had great handling, and 71 loaded 74 lite and I was running 3.5" BP.
I tried a Fury before and loved it, but this one isn't living up to the other. I was thinking about turning this Fury up to a 27 due to I'm real close to hitting the limiter.

I'm not running at full trim, I watch my speed and when I slow due to trimming, I trim back down slighly and regain my handling and speed. However, that fine line is even slimmer now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:42:28 PM by Russ199A »
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

bassmasta63

• Smallmouth
  • bass fishing southern style
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »

I've got same boat just a 2012,running a 26 fury,I get 73 by my self,70 with a passenger. Not sure where my jack plate is set,have not messed with it. I think it will go faster than 73 once I learn how to drive it,it gets wild at 73 and I have to let out of it! I like it at 70 though because its so easy to drive at that speed!
2012 199 225 pro xs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 24 queries.