caddo 4/21/2012

Started by oldjim, April 16, 2012, 07:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldjim

May be an interesting day, forecast no cloud cover front thru day before and 10-15 mph winds. Sounds perfect for catching a big string!
Oldjim

Mike Cork

Lord I hope so, we have an ABA that day out there as well. We'll be at Earl G. where are you all launching?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

oldjim

I think we are also at earl?
Oldjim

soonerbass

Yep we are at earl as well. 

Ron Fogelson

Dang Jim we must be on the same page today, I was starting a new topic when I saw this one pop up but your right Broke Sticks will be Caddo on 21 April out of EG Launch.

Sunrise is 6:37 a.m so I will set a 1st cast time @ 6:07 and let folks trailer and or motor away after checking in. 

I'd suggest weigh in times get pushed back to 3:30 pm and we can just do it in the parking lot look for the big red Dodge, hope this frees up the place a bit for the ABA folks.

Mike Cork

Thank You Ron. I was out there today and if things don't change I'll be long gone come three thirty :'( don't take long with you don't have anything to weigh ~b~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

oldjim

I was just kidding about catching a big string with the forecast for Sat. Now the forecast is for rain and storms Sat morning. Think I would rather have rain than Blue bird sky. Probably change again by Sat.
Oldjim

Ron Fogelson

I hope we all have a day on Caddo like I did today On Bist.  ~bb  Boated 35/40 fish had 20 in the boat in the first hour, put 10 in with a spinnerbait and 5 of those on back to back casts to deep trees slow rolled in the root balls.  After that I switch over to the A-rig and started flipping 5 swimbaits to the base of the trees and had two tripples hook ups today and 4 or 5 doubles.

My thumb started to hurt so switched over to a big ass jig and started worked shallow trees and picked up better fish but they were one every 100 trees in the 2.5 to 3.5 range.

Fished from 11 to 5 and had a blast,,,,,,, had to do something fun before I went to Caddo  ::)

soonerbass

Sounds like a great day fogy!  I know what you mean caddo is not a lake that treats me well, I have never caught an over out of that lake in the 5 years I've been here.  I haven't fished it a ton but at least 3 or 4 times a year.  Regardless I will be glad to be fishing. See ya Saturday

oldjim

Looks like I will fish alone as partner will have to look after his mother who just had surgery.
Not sure what to expect as forecast keeps changing, looks like we will be fishing at tail end of cold front with N wind of up to 20mph. Possible rain early with clear sky later in day. Not a very good fishing forecast.
Oldjim

Todd

Me n Bryan will be there. looking forward to the cool morning.

JMGullo

Did I just see this right? Todd is in the lead for AOY? OMG!!! Lmao come on guys he isn't that good lmao

Todd

Quote from: JMGullo on April 20, 2012, 07:45:00 PM
Did I just see this right? Todd is in the lead for AOY? OMG!!! Lmao come on guys he isn't that good lmao
Cork's net man has jokes. We blew it yesterday with a slot filled day.