What Spinning Line ??????????????????????

Started by Ballistik, January 20, 2006, 03:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballistik

Hello.

I have a Curado 200 FS and a New Citica 200D both prespooled with Stren 10# and finished with Stren SuperBraid 6# dia. 20# test.. I love the new Superbraid I have no complaints. But now I am gona give a spinning rod a try ( Shimano Sahara 2500 on a BPS Graphite series rod ) just for the heck of it and I have no idea on what line to use. I fish at a minimum of 4 times a week and I am not the type of person that enjoys changing line every other couple of weeks. I usually get a full season out of my spools. I dont tie my lures on I use snap clips and the new Norman speed clips simply because I am lazy  ;D. I fish mainly for Bass.  So now that I hope I gave enough info for your input, whats your opinions.  I am looking for minimal strech, and little or no memory. Thanks in advance for your help.
Fish Now, Work Later !

Pferox

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LoonyToon

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Spiderwire Stealth in either 20/30 pound test---=line diameter of 6lb-8lbs.........Just remember if using a braid your baits will run 1/3 to 1/2 deeper than specified according to the cranking ratio of your reel.......There is a lot less co-efficient drag on the braid vs. Mono, Fluro, and copolymer's..............You will find with the newer stealth that ultra violet rays, weather, water, abrasions , nicks and memory are pretty non-existant

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

Ouachita

I keep Vanish Transition fluorocarbon 20# line on one Shimano spinning reel for mostly ultra clear water, Spiderwire Stealth 30# on another for use around moderately heavy cover. Both hold up a long time, have no stretch I can detect, cast easily, are limber enough for the open face spool, and hold knots well. I retie knots several times a day, and would retie any terminal tackle due to extreme wear & tear on any knot. Going too long between reties is a guarantee of break-offs. Going lower on the Transition test is problematic. The lighter line floats too much in the air.

I keep the spinning reel rigs on hand for fishing the lightest lures long distance.

Jim

nlareau

I can tell you this much, I put Yo-Zuri Hybrid 10# test on a spinning reel and took it off the next day.  Waaaaay too much memory for a spinning reel.  It would spool off in chunks.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

topcat

Hi Bass Hore...after reading your post....your likes and dislikes..there can be only one line for you...many choices.....but one line and that my friend is braided.....

Topcat

conniek

dont forget to put mono next to spool and tie braid to it,otherwise it will slip on spool just like ti does with baitcasting reels.
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

GOLDPANMAN

HI- i don't use super braids on my baitcasters- only on my open face spinners & i use FIRELINE.
i did have issues cutting fireline until i found a simple fix - the line is difficult to cut cleanly so
now i leave around an inch or so tag & dont worry about the frayed tag..grip the knot in your
left thumb & first finger so the tag is to your right then light the tag w/a cigarette lighter & be prepared to INSTANTLY blow the fire out as it burns quickly...light again if tag too long &
so on. when done properly the burned tag will have a bulge on it & will NOT slip thru your knot making a very strong knot....hope this helps..........

goldpanman    GET THE NET IT'S A BIG ONE!

cable guy

if im fishing table rock and clear water i use 6lb p line, its hard to break it and you get a lot more bights, most guys wont use lower than 8lb, ive went as smallas 4lb, in stained water i use trilene big game 8lb,then again everybody has there own choice of line they like, theese are just my 2cents,give the new suffix a try its good line no memory at all.
god grant that i may live to fish until my dying day and when it comes to my last cast i then most humbly pray when in the lords safe landing net i"m peacefully asleep that in his mercy i be judged as good enough to keep. member BASS,ILLINOIS FEDERATION

Pferox

Hey Cable Guy, do you know how Suffix works in the heavier tests?

I like big game and Cajun red casting, but the smallest I can go is 14lb test, normally use 20lb test too much stuff around here to snap lighter lines.

These heavier lines on spinning rigs usually cause to many hassles, memory and the like, thats why I use alot more braided lines, makes it manageable to bring those hawgs with half of the lake hangin off of em without usin a deep sea combo.  ;)
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim