Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Austin Kayaks, negative impression  (Read 135 times)

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
Austin Kayaks, negative impression
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place or not, just wanted to share this quick note on this company with other kayakers.

So, my sister ordered her kayak last Monday, 10/8. The site said 3-5 business days for delivery. Not bad right?
Tuesday, the 9th, she got an email that her new kayak had shipped, a Perception Pescador Pro 12.

She'd also ordered a bunch of other stuff from them.

Friday rolls around and she's feeling a bit impatient, so she calls for an update as they'd given her no tracking information of any sort.

She couldn't get anyone on the phone, so she sent them an email. She did get a quick response letting her know her kayak had not yet been picked up by the shipping company.
How the hell you gonna tell someone their purchase has shipped when it hasn't even left the store yet?
A few hours later, another email letting her know it had just been picked up, finally.

Bear in mind, they said 3-5 days for DELIVERY, not 3-5 days for someone's lazy ass to pick it up and cart it off.

She still has no shipping information, just a name and number to some fly by night jackleg company. Not any of the big 3 carriers, UPS, FedEx, or USPS (don't know if USPS would even handle a load like that).

She got pissed and tried calling again. Couldn't get an answer, and as of yet, no return calls. She sent another email telling them this is total BS and got a canned response "Sorry for the inconvenience, it was shipped, call the shipping company".

So she's been trying to get in touch with them, no luck at all. No returned calls, no way to email them.

She reached out to Austin Kayaks again yesterday and they told her it'd be delivered today or tomorrow.

So we don't know WTF. For all we know at this point, she may have paid for a kayak and they may have simply given it away.

Still no word at all on all the accessories she ordered from them.

I'll give an update tomorrow, or whenever the damn thing magically appears. If it ever does.

But after all this, I know I'd never buy from them. We were hoping to be on the water together last weekend. Now with my sprained ankle and the weather trends, there's no telling when we'll actually get to go kayaking together.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Re: Austin Kayaks, negative impression
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:49:50 AM »

Not so sure I would be all that quick to dis this vendor until the facts were known.  If your products shipped from their Austin TX location you maya be running into problems due to the severe floods.  Not saying this is the deal but I am sure you will find out.

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:45:04 AM »

No, there is no good excuse for the way they've acted.

They said the kayak had shipped when it very damn well had not, that by itself is bad enough. They lied.

Their customer service sucks.

This shipping company has pretty much no customer service at all.

If either company are having trouble handling business because of flooding wouldn't that be pretty damn easy to put in an email?
"We're sorry, we normally have products delivered within a week, but transportation routes are unreliable due to widespread flooding".

The FACT is, they've dropped the ball and have been giving her the run around. That's all there is to it. She's spent a bit over a grand and the best she can get is "call the shipping company" that won't answer the phone.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:55:47 AM »

Perhaps you're right but  I am only commenting because during our recent storms and floods some of my inbound shipments were significantly delayed.  Not because of the supplier but because the shipping companies were stopped from delivering in our area due to ongoing road closures.  These delays were not corrected until the state of emergency was lifted and that was almost 2 weeks.  JMHO

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:41:37 AM »

The delivery time isn't even what I'm complaining about. With "3-5 business days", it's only 2 days late if you count from when they first told her that it'd been shipped. If you count from when it actually was shipped, then it's not even due yet.

The complaint here is about the blatant dishonesty and incredible lack of customer support from Austin Kayaks, their brush-offs and canned shrugs, and complete lack of communication from the shipping company.
Like I said, there's not even any sort of tracking info. There's not a website she can get on, put in a number, and see that it's changing hands at a distribution center in Texarkana. It's in the back of Billy Bob's pickup truck or some crap.

I delivered furniture for Scan Interiors out of Memphis while I was in college. I've had to communicate with customers to let them know I was running behind due to circumstances out of my control, specifically flooding and icy roads. All I had to do was look at the customer's contact sheet and call them, or answer the phone if they called me first.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 07:55:09 AM »

It will be interesting when you finally get your product to check the packing list/tracking number for the carrier and see what really happened

the_huber_show

• Charter Member
  • Skunk Master
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:17:41 AM »

Def sounds like they have some holes in their customer support.  During business hours you should be able to get someone on the phone and if not you should have a returned call with in 24 hours tops. 

I get them marking it shipped as they may have sent the information to the shipping company but no tracking number is an immediate red flag to me for any company purchase these days
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.