Show off your rig!

Started by TheLastRodBender, May 21, 2012, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saklucik

Quote from: Dunham Fisher on May 16, 2014, 09:44:10 AM
I had to comment on your rig . . . Nice set up!  I love the simplicity, the look, the fishability.  Your dad did a great job, btw.  I've owned a 10 ft john, a 12 ft john, a 15 ft sport runabout, and a 21 ft Triton.  I also owned a canoe.  The most fun I had was with the john's and the canoe.
thank you sir! Ive already had many great days out on the canoe so far. Thanks for the compliments to my father,  he took it above and beyond ( I tried putting him to work making more so I could sell but he declined haha ). the small csnoe is the most fun especially when landing a large fish!! Enjoy it out there.
Using Tapatalk

David_Gilbert

I just picked this up last weekend. Humble beginnings, but it's my first boat and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Thinking of adding a plywood floor so I can install a better seating arrangement.

TheLastRodBender

David, I would imagine it would give you substantially more stability when standing as well?  Humble beginnings as they may be, but you're ahead of me in the boat game!

rhodestiva

small kayak and repairing a sup to have it out soon.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Ponson416

Hey guys!  New to the forum.  I fish pretty much exclusively from a yak down in south LA.  I have a Native Slayer 14.5 and love it!

I've put a few fish in it, but it's just barely broken in since I got it this summer.

From the Atchafalaya Basin in Henderson, LA.

From Lake D'Arbonne in Farmerville, LA

All men are equal before fish

Princeton_Man

The last shot with the pads got my heart racing. 14.5? That's cool. Just one thing would worry me just a little down there... Don't you have gators down there close to the same size of your yak?? -Jim
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Ponson416

Yes.  But trust me, they don't really bother anyone.  They will get aggressive if you disturb their nest.  But I do try to avoid them.  Usually when I see them I just keep my distance.
All men are equal before fish

TheLastRodBender

Great lookin rig there bud.  Welcome to the site! 

3crows

Nice rigs, here are a couple of mine, my Boston Whaler:

No, it is not for bass fishing but it has caught a lot of salt water fish and I use it for diving as well as just burning hydrocarbons for a warmer and brighter future. Equipped with dive ladder, Humminbird SS, VHF, ELT.

Here is my latest kayak, an Emotion Stealth 10. I love the little thing, caught several nice bass on TR lake on it's first outing:

I will soon add the usual GoPro mounts and some sort of depth finder. It has three Scotty mounts and two flush mounts, anchor trolley.

J
Swim, Bike, Run, Fish

LgMouthGambler

13' SeaNymph V hull. Built a front deck for it. 55# trolling motor and a 5hp Mercury 4 stroke. Fuel efficient, light, and gets me back places others can't go.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Jerod22

Bought this back in August best investment ever!!!

2833-34497

Here's my kayaks which I own four of. Two 12' Hobie Pro Anglers along with a Wilderness Tarpon 100 and Commander 120.

Princeton_Man

Very cool! I think the Hobie is a cool yak.  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

2833-34497

jetrail05

Here is my 1999 basstender 10.2 with a 3 hp tanaka motor

Overcast

My rig is the reason I got into bass fishing.  Made a few modifications, mainly the seat, tô make it better for fishing.  Plan on getting a feelfree lure 11.5 before spring rolls around again. Current rig is a Perception Tribe  9.5. Lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Bh91

was looking at the lifetime kayak but ended up getting this sea eagle stealth stalker since i can deflate and store in my apartment easier, as well as a similar price to the lifetime kayak.. i think i got the basic accessories down(rod holders, anchor(used a 5lb and 3 lb plate on a chain with rope) and fish finde(the garmin striker 4 portable kit) dry bag

cport

Quote from: BassMasterSgtUSMC on May 26, 2012, 10:45:23 AM
Here's what I've been using...Cobra Navigator

Sarge, that thing looks bad a ^-^!
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Quote from: jetrail05 on March 21, 2016, 07:05:36 PM
Here is my 1999 basstender 10.2 with a 3 hp tanaka motor

That Mug is almost as big as the boat LOL
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

BrandonK

My newest rig. New to me at least. Just traded my last kayak for this one last week and I love it. Wilderness Systems Commander 120. I can sit low, sit high on captains perch, stand and fish no problem, I can even lay down and relax and I'm 6'3".  I put my Lowrance on it and I made front and rear storage area covers to help with water entry from waves and paddling. 3 rods, everything else tucked away. I am searching out more backwaters and like to keep things simple.

Lipripper

Brandon that a nice set up and looks like lots of room to stretch out in.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BrandonK

Quote from: Lipripper on April 21, 2018, 10:44:32 AM
Brandon that a nice set up and looks like lots of room to stretch out in.
Yessir, open floorplan! Not as fast as the last rig, but that's a trade off I'm ok with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: BrandonK on April 21, 2018, 11:53:57 AM
Yessir, open floorplan! Not as fast as the last rig, but that's a trade off I'm ok with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who needs fast your out fishing in it not running a race.  I would go for space and not speed any day.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BrandonK

Found some old pics yesterday. This is the progression the last 4 years or so

basss

Here's my gheenoe I got in November.  It came pretty basic, the trailer, boat, motor, trolling motor.

I've since added quite a bit of stuff to make it suited for me.  I'm currently finishing them up and will post pics of the finished rig when it is done.

One of the biggest mods I did to it was add power.  I put a battery in one of the two compartments.  I also wired in a switch for what I added; nav lights, auto-bilge pump, interior lights, usb charger, and a fish finder.

Non-electric items I've added are the front cap, which includes a trolling motor plug, a quick release for the trolling motor, and a cleat.  A grab bar and anchor pin have also been added to it.

I'm waiting for the ram mount to mount the fish finder to the grab bar, that should be here tomorrow, to clean and tidy everything up.  Once it all get cleaned and put away, I'll post pics of the finished project.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard