Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Mead (Las Vegas, NV) 6-17-2012  (Read 3853 times)

wolfs4evr

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Lake Mead (Las Vegas, NV) 6-17-2012
« on: June 17, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »

Caught 20 or so LMB and SMB along with 15 or so Stripers that got in the way right off the bat as the sun was coming up (couldn't resist tossing out the LC Sammy for some fun top water action!).  We hit up some new territory so spent a lot of time looking around and hitting non productive fishing spots as we learned this area of the lake.  (South Overton arm close to the Virgin Basin.)  My daughter pretty much creamed me this trip catching the biggest LMB and SMB of the day plus I think she got a few more Stripers than me tossing a 1/4oz SK lipless crank at them.  I ended up catching more bass by the days end but I guess that doesn't count for much.  lol

Since we were down in this area of the lake (We usually fish further north) I decided to spend a little bit of time and see if I could find that B29 that went down in Lake Mead in 1948.  I had a pretty good idea of where it was at from research months prior.  Here is a couple down imaging screen shots off my Humminbird 898.  (Temps, etc are not correct since these were taken off a replay in the garage when we got home.  I have never recorded before but I guess temp and some other items are not recorded.)

http://www.nps.gov/lake/historyculture/b29bomber.htm

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:12:44 PM by wolfs4evr »

wolfs4evr

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Lake Mead (Las Vegas, NV) 6-17-2012
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »

I went back through the replay Sunday looking at just SI and didn't see much worth taking a screen shot of.  I could see it but nothing as good as the DI images.  Maybe because I was going directly over it verse off to the side some.  Next time I am in that area of the lake I will do some more recordings and play with the settings some more.  Pretty cool to be able to sit in the garage changing settings, etc on a replay and seeing the differences, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 24 queries.