New Jigs

Started by FlatsNBay, January 12, 2021, 04:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

They are not true builds but I'm starting out slow with jigheads and premade skirts. I may dive a little deeper and start making up my own skirts in the future.

I'm really liking the looks of these for our Florida waters. Both are Boss Gary Klein Flipping Jigheads. The one on the left is a 6th Sense  skirt in junebugger. The one on the right is a Skirts Unlimited skirt in Candybug. Both skirts are almost identical in color with the Skirts Unlimited having more strands and a little more glitter.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

Pic didn't go through. Here they are.

Capt. BassinLou

They look good Flats, hopefully you stick some bass with them soon.  ~c~

bigjim5589

Good looking jigs!  ~heart I like a purple and black combination!  :)

A lot of folks start in this tackle making hobby by buying and assembling, then it blossoms from there.

I started "making" jigs, by retying bucktail jigs once the hair had been chewed to the point that the jig wasn't much good otherwise. It was a good learning experience before i actually started pouring my own jig heads!

Flats, you're off to a great start!  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

FlatsNBay

Thanks Jim. I've been going back through the old threads admiring your creations. I can see myself getting creative and jumping off the deep end! Bait monkey here I come!

bigjim5589

Quote from: FlatsNBay on January 12, 2021, 07:27:17 PM
Thanks Jim. I've been going back through the old threads admiring your creations. I can see myself getting creative and jumping off the deep end! Bait monkey here I come!

Thanks for the kind words!  :)  I certainly enjoy making and fishing with them.  ~gf

It can become a slippery slope however and an addiction for sure! Many folks claim that they start making their own flies or lures to save money, but they spend in one form or another with all the supplies that are available.

Remember the old Lay's Potato Chip commercials? " No one can eat just one"!  ::)

So, you pick your poison!  lo

We'll be looking forward to seeing your further creativity!  :-*
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.