Shimano Crucial baitcasters vs. Quantum PT baitcasters - FIGHT!

Started by Brendan, June 30, 2007, 08:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Today I made the decision to go the route of buying Shimano Crucial's instead of Quantum PT's. I figure that the Shimano costs ZAR 745 and the Quantum PT costs about ZAR1200 and I don't see the Quantum rod being able to give me about ZAR500 extra value in terms of build quality, sensitivity and weight.

Having said that, I'd love to hear from anyone who is a fan of the Quantums or has fished extensively with both rods. Did I make the right decision?

GotstaFish

Ya lost me with the zar thing  :-\  I use mostly Crucials and have no complaints. Never tried the Quantum PT rods, didn't even know they existed.

Brendan

Quote from: GotstaFish on June 30, 2007, 08:48:24 AM
Ya lost me with the zar thing  :-\  I use mostly Crucials and have no complaints. Never tried the Quantum PT rods, didn't even know they existed.

Sorry, ZAR is South African Rands (Our local currency.). It would probably have made more sense for me to have just said the Quantum PT's are about 60% more expensive than the Crucial's.

BassBUFF

Quote from: Brendan on June 30, 2007, 08:57:42 AM
Sorry, ZAR is South African Rands (Our local currency.). It would probably have made more sense for me to have just said the Quantum PT's are about 60% more expensive than the Crucial's.

Well Welcome to UB Brendan! I too was confused over the ZAR thing, couldn't figure out what currency that was. Thanks for the info.

Now to get back on track; I own a crucial and it's very sensitive. I plan on acquiring more of them for probably the same reason you chose, bang for the buck. Well, ZAR in your case ;).

topcat

I vote for Crucial I use them with just about all of my techniques.....I have never tried Quantum PT rods ......Quantum however does make good product just look at some of the guys who use it....like I always say different strokes for different folks ........

Topcat 

bassn1

I have been wanting to try the Quantum PT rods. But the cost vs. the cost of the same rod (IMHO) by Falcon, is what is preventing me from trying them.  ~gator

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

GotstaFish

Another key feature with the Crucial is that it has a lifetime over the counter warranty  ;)

BUMMERBAITS

I pretty much am strictly a Quantum Man. All of my reels are Quantum and last year I bought my first Quantum PT Heavy Action Flippin rod. It was pretty pricey but I have been extrem;y happy with it. After the day I brought in the 42 Pound Flat Catfish with it, I new it would stand up to just about anything. I plan on buyin more of them once I get the funds.

I haven't gone with the high end PT reels yet either. I am using all Quantum Accurist Reels with the Flippin Switch on them, if the higher end PT reels came with the Flippin Switch I would but some, but I cannot live without that Flippin Switch. Once I started flipping the grass on the river here with it, it became a main stay.