What is your favorite color crank for deep clear water

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, July 01, 2019, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʇuǝɹq™

I'll be deep cranking on some clear Arkansas mountain lakes this week, and I'm just curious what color cranks you guys prefer.

If you have any other techniques you like, I'd be interested in hearing those as well. I grew up fishing the deep lakes, and I have a few things I do to catch fish, but I'm always willing to try and learn something new.

zippyduck

Translucent baits have always been my best in really clear water.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Wizard

Violet or purple light mist over white. Mist over the white on top and leave the bottom white.

Wizard

Oldfart9999

Shad colors and a light chartruese sides work well. If you have a lot of perch tiger stripe can be good.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

Any shad colors... If you're going as far north as Beaver, grab you some spoons too. Of course you're gonna have to learn to drop shot :fart2:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Dink Dawg

Lavender Shad, "woops"y Shad, Olive back Shad Translucent Shad and maybe a Citris Shad

FlatsNBay

Bluegill or translucent shad color if they're primary forage is shad.

For deep clear water i love a drop shot.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Larry Francis

Rapala DT in Helsinki Shad is the only one I throw anymore in clear water.
Molon Labe

Bigbass201

Depends on the lakes and the forage.  Also depends on whether it's largemouth or smallmouth.  Citrus shad lots of times kills on the smallmouth.  I personally like anything in the shad color most of the time.  I tend to stay away from the bluegill-colored crankbaits unless I'm fishing stained water.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

loomisguy

Chartreuse blue back. Our lakes can be clear but that doesn't make for a great deep crankbait bite.
I would run around and try to find some water with some color in it.

D.W. Verts

EXACTLY what Loomis says, at least until the middle of summer. I throw the "Parrot" and "Canary" stuff a LOT this time of year. Then the breams (always) shads, chromes, etc. But my favorite "sleeper" is a baby bass. As much as I don't care about colors generally, in my deep crankbaits I have some definite likes.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff