Bizz Baits Swim Jigs

Started by topdsm0138, March 01, 2024, 05:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

I received a pack of Bizz Baits worms in my UB Secret Santa Box this year, and they worked really well for me. Being the first I've heard of or seen their products, I decided to look at their website out of curiosity. I couldn't resist when I saw these two colors for swim jigs. Fire Craw and Black Light. I ordered two of each, but decided to go with a lighter 1/4oz with 4/0 hook over the larger swim jigs I normally use. Can't wait to try them out now.

Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

FlatsNBay

Looks interesting. Tell us how you like them after you give them a good test.

bigjim5589

I've purchased some of their jig trailers, but nothing else. They seem to be developing a good line of products.

I haven't had the opportunity to give their trailers a try yet either, but I expect they're going to do well.

They're also good folks to deal with!  ~gf
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

J.W.

Hand-tied skirt, good hook, looks like a winner.

Donald Garner

Let us know how they preform for ya.  They both look great.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

I could put those colors to work. Thanks for sharing Tops. Looking forward to hearing how they work out for you.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

fishingram24

Love their cutter craws. Been using them for a couple of years.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

topdsm0138

The dinks (hey, I'll take whatever bites. LOL) LOVED that Black Light color yesterday on Lake Osbourne. Had about 2hrs to kill, so I tried it out. Topped it off with a Ramsey Baits 3" Swimmer in Sour Grape and did some "Bed Bouncing" along the shore. *Pic of the Ramsey Swimmer.

Tiller Mafia.

chrisD46

Those Biz Bait Swim Jigs look pretty good and I'm sure the price will be right ! ... Here's a tip : sometimes I find I need a weight between 1/4th oz. and 3/8th oz. in a swim jig . The answer is I'll thread on a small tungsten bullet weight of 1/16th oz. or 1/8th oz. first and then tie to the swim jig head . Besides adding a touch more weight it also helps the swim jig come through vegetation better.

chrisD46

Looks to be more of a southern style swim jig , heavy hook model good for FL. largemouth.
1/4th oz. for shallow water and 3/8th oz. for a little deeper water.

topdsm0138

Quote from: chrisD46 on March 19, 2024, 09:16:14 AMLooks to be more of a southern style swim jig , heavy hook model good for FL. largemouth.
1/4th oz. for shallow water and 3/8th oz. for a little deeper water.
And that's exactly where I live, S FL.

Tiller Mafia.

chrisD46

Also , probably a Mustad or Owner hook used in the swim jig (it would be nice to know which ?)
I also assume it has decent trailer keepers ?