Seaguar Invizx or Sunline FC Sniper.

Started by j102, July 19, 2017, 05:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j102

I have been looking at a Fluorocarbon line or a Hybrid line to use as a leader for Saltwater fishing. I have read reviews on many brands and have tried some.
So, I finally decided to go with either Seaguar Invizx or Sunline Super FC Sniper. They both can be found for around the same price and have good reviews.
What's your opinion on these lines?

SFL BassHunter

I like invizx, I haven't tried sniper.

Invizx is pretty sensitive line, and is good on abrasion resistance, it is easy to manage but you'll be using it for leader so that aspect doesn't matter.

I still prefer red label because of the price. I personally haven't found the need to go with an expensive fluoro leader for saltwater. The bite detection isn't an issue for me in salt as it is for bass. Just my opinion. But I don't do nearly as much saltwater fishing as you do.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

j102

Yeah man, I go out every time I have a minute. Sometimes on the boat, and if the wind is bad, I just fish from the bank/marina. I am thinking on doing some beach fishing as well.
I am looking for a good line and these appear to be some of the best.

loomisguy

I know nothing about saltwater fishing but... Invisx has more stretch than sniper, it also handles a bit better. Overall I fish Sniper and Shooter on my bottom contact stuff. I like Invisx on my crankbait rods.
And I use it for a leader when I use braid for ned rig and shakey heads on my spinning rods.

j102

Thank you. They both seems to be very close in strength, knot strength and abrasion resistance, which is mainly what I am looking for in a leader.