motorized lure

Started by greenpig, January 26, 2021, 11:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpig

I know there are some motorized lures. and many prop baits.
but how about like this one?

adding actual motor+battery to propbait lure???
(such as propeller to topwater stickbait/pencilbait)
I guess anyone would have thoght of it.

feature can be simply
1.just for 50m swimming & stop just for casting.
   (auto start by water detect)

2.or having inside switch can on/off the motor.
  ;;since it needs to be full waterproof. standalone working
   vibration switch or whatever switch type.
   pulling fishing line will makes shock vibration that turns on/off the lure's propeller.

i was talking about adding actual motor+battery to like these prop bait.
I know there are already robot swimming lure. but what I meant was topwater type

any critical reviews are welcome.
after all, it's not even exist.. so whatever you say about it.

Polaris425

they put chips and sound boards in them so they make noise when they hit the water, So movement isn't that far fetched of an idea.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

bigjim5589

It's an interesting idea, but not sure how practical it might be as far as producing it.

The props would have to be attached to the motor shaft for the motor to turn them, and with typical prop baits, the line tie is also where the props are mounted. How would you keep the motorized props from fouling with the line, and how do you turn it all without also turning the line tie and twisting up your line?

Even if you placed your line tie position on another part of the lure, it's still going to be the problem of the line fouling in the props.

Even if you solved those, I would guess you would also have to have some type of seals to keep the water out of the body, where the motor shafts come out, or it will fill with water.

There's also going to be other problems to work out, since you need a power source.

So, again, the engineering required to try & accomplish all this might make it too involved to actually produce, and certainly costly. 
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.