Falcon spinning rod

Started by bassgal, October 26, 2021, 06:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassgal

Just got my new Falcon rod yesterday, went to the pond and caught 3 small bass with it.  7' spinning med works like a dream with small cranks!  I like the cork handle but I wrapped the reel nut with winn grip tape, wish I had felt and held the rod before I ordered it online, I most likely would have bought a Buco since the reel nut is in the front not at the back.   Still it's a super nice rod.

SteveTX

A few of my last new rods were Falcon Lowriders casting version. Extremely nice rods in the $120 price point. Very light in hand and I like the action Falcon has put in them. Never held a spinning rod of theirs though. 

loomisguy

If the reel nut is touching your hand you may want to change how your holding the rod.  In general, I personally have the reel stem between my pinkie and ring finger and forefinger touching the blank.
The exception being on some Daiwa's and Mega bass where my entire hand is in front of the reel stem.

bassgal

Thanks for that tip, went fishing this morning and that helps a lot, still love having the nut wrapped.  Caught 3 bass in just a few minutes, the ponds I fish the bass are hitting hard baits good!